Tree sap removal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Majestic

SHO Member
Reaction score
We have a huge catalpa tree. They are beautiful, but don't ever park under one. I have tried everything to get the sap off of my car. Chemical Guys tar/sap remover, Goo-Gone, rubbing alcohol, WD-40 and on, and on. It's almost like it's baked into the clearcoat at this point. Any ideas on what to try before I break out the polishing wheel and hit it with polishing compound?

J persons

SHO Member
Reaction score
I have a Sweetgum tree in front of my shop that drops sap. If you are quick, it comes off pretty easily, especially of you have a good coat of wax on the car. For the sap that has hardened, it usually come off by scraping with a fingernail. Although I did have some that required a single edge razor blade, used carefully, to remove the sap.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw @J persons post and thought oh yeah I have this 3M product that could be helpful. Clean soft cloth - spray to cloth and rub gently

3M Adhesive Remover, Helps Remove Tar, Attachment Tape & Bumper Sticker Adhesive, 12 oz., 1 aerosol https://a.co/d/2pTlz6V

Qshiplvr

SHO Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but it's pretty benign to try...have you tried Dawn Powerwash (NOT the dish soap)...the squirt bottle?

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can "try" and use the plastic scrub side of the sponge to gently concentrate on the sap circles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertman7807

Members online

Back