SHO Newbie - 93 ATX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93_SHO_FL

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the SHO thing. This is my 27th vehicle, and I do most of my own work on my cars and bikes. However, the more I read, the more scared I am becoming of the ATX as my daily driver.

It has 175K on it, have no idea if it's ever been rebuilt. It shifts near perfectly, O/D works and lockup coverter functioning fine. I am about to make it my daily driver, but am scared that the tranny may give out.

What are the tell tale signs that one of these is on its way out? Other than not shifting gears I mean. lol

I have always wanted one of these cars...I used to work at a Ford dealer back in 94-97 and got to drive Gen II and G III when new. Definately like them!

I have alot of piddly work on mine before I can make it my daily commuter though. Any local help would be much appreciated! I'm in Clearwater.

Priority stuff: A/C repair, sub frame bushings, tie rods, strut rod bushings, stereo.

Later on: Well, there's 294 pages of 50 items each on Ebay...you do the math. LOL

Anyway, it would be cool to meet some other local SHO owners in the Tampa Bay area...share secrets, do's & don'ts, etc.

Thanks. I look forward to b/s'ing with you all soon.

B

32MTX

Reaction score
the atx can last a long time, there really is no rhyme or reason to it

I beat mine pretty hard and it held up.......

I wouldn't be scared of it

93_SHO_FL

Reaction score
I bought new inner and outer tie rod ends tonight.
Going to order Aluminum Sub Frame bushings from shosource soon.
They don't list ball joints for Gen2 there. Where do you recommend? I'm on a tight budget, so I'm going with OEM or middle of the road for now.
Also, the strut rod bushings...what are recall kits? How can I see if I already have them or not?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosieK76

Members online

Back