Blown Turbo..Decisions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin81

SHO Member
Reaction score
I'll say I've made 536/647 at the wheels with the upgraded gh turbos at 65% wgdc. So plenty of room to go and that was with "lower RPM" shifting. Should be at about 550awhp now with some tweaking but really shows how much power these things can make. So much so to the point where I'm worried about basically everything on the big boy tunes lol. So far everything is still holding but just my experience with them is they will do everything you want and more.
You're rocking that much power on stock tranny and clutches? Do you launch hard? I'm just wondering, because I'm determining my power goals, 2-4 year plan sorta thing, but I've no desire to shred the drive shafts, u-joints, clutch, gears, etc. AWD is pretty unforgiving that way. RWD, tire spin prevents complete destruction.

Jordan_R

Stock Block Ready To Knock...er..Rock
Reaction score
I might add that I'm fully expecting something break at some point and I'm absolutely pushing the envelope every time I start the car.

Last edited:

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Yea pretty much made the choice. Going to go bigger with some exhaust work. This should be a fun weekend when everything shows up.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Figured that. But with COVID getting pipes will be an issue. Have to find someone who has them in stock now.

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Alright turbos tuner plugs map thermo and PPE DPs all ordered as of today. On wait list for FMIC, I've been reading and a lot of you guys are running stock cat-backs? That the way to go to defeat the drone and rasp of a V6?

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Where you order from?
Ordered turbos and performance pack from Gearhead. They had the best price and knowledge with the places I spoke with. Same thing with PPE. I called them directly spoke with Eric and was truly blown away with his professionalism and help. I would buy anything they could sell just based on customer service.

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Also I just found this as a possible option?
https://www.vividracing.com/rotomaster-new-cartridge-p-152883019.html
Wonder if bigger wheels or better bearings would fit as a cartridge replacement. Gaskets etc still 50 bucks too
Would just matter if it fit the housing. The upgrades use the stock housings but with bigger turbine and compressor wheels. I've rebuild turbos on big Detroit diesels but that's on a larger scale so I went with all done and assembled. I just need to turn a lot of wrenchs to make it live

MikeyJr341

Reaction score
Sorry such a late reply to this thread. Just wanted to update everyone and say don't try to run from this PI Sedan. I received my turbos and power pack from Gearhead about 3 weeks ago and Corsa cat-back the same day. So that was amazing during this pandemic. I started on that Friday night and worked until about 3pm Sunday. Now I took my time since it was also my "vacation" for the weekend. The turbo install wasn't as bad it seems. I did not remove the subframe as I was able to sneak the rear turbo out with disconnecting both lower trans mounts and the sway bar links. In one of the pictures you can see I blew the nut off the CHRA under a high load heading to an apartment building fire. When I took off the charge pipe from the rear turbo the nut fell out and hit me in the head. Thank God!!! So no damage anywhere else, clean oil screens and not an ounce of sludge or clogs in the oil system anywhere. I also figured while I'm at it I would throw in the MSD coils since mine were original anyway. Figured better spark with the colder plugs from Gearhead.

The car feels amazing!!!! I have the Livernois intake (for now) but just that alone all I hear are those babys spooling and it's ********. I think I will be ordering the EPP Pipes in the near future as I am on the list for the Gearhead IC. Might as well at that point. I am pushing 10-12psi so the turbos aren't even breaking a sweat, but the firmness from the tune from Matt really wakes the car up big time. I received my test-pipes from PPE the other day so that will be the next upgrade when I get a free few hours from work and home. I found min-cat O2 spacers that I was willing to try and see if it keeps the MIL off. I made sure to get my inspection last week so I have a year to play and find a way to get it passed next year. The company is 132 Performance, I found them on eBay and figured why not.

I want to send a huge thanks to Matt from Gearhead for all his help and letting me pick his brain while I did the install of the turbos. Also big thanks to Eric at PPE who helped with all my questions and even with the price. And a thanks to everyone here who gave me info or just the threads I've read to find out more about these modern marvels of engineering we are driving. I was in a huge bind with a blown turbo during this pandemic, with being a first responder and the guy who fixes and maintains emergency vehicles, I needed this job to go off without a hitch.

Hey maybe I have the fastest PI Sedan as of now? Not bad for 117,000 miles!!!!

IMG 20200502 104552 IMG 20200502 122037 IMG 20200502 134405 IMG 20200502 134501 IMG 20200502 162312 IMG 20200502 204918 IMG 20200503 200754  01 IMG 20200517 163004 IMG 20200518 164447 IMG 20200518 164506

Last edited:
Back