3.0 coffee table

Reaction score
Bought a 3.0L from a junkyard years ago with plans to put it into a project car (not a Taurus). Went through it (replaced con rod bearings, head gaskets, head bolts, water pump, gaskets, etc,) cleaned everything, made a few small changes to accommodate fitting it into the project car...and then sold the project car. So, I had a great looking engine sitting in my shop gathering dust and nothing to put it in. I tried selling it as a complete engine but had no takers. Don't want to part it out, so I figured I could do something useful and creative with it - and here it is.

IMG 1989
IMG 1992
IMG 1980

You'll notice a few things missing (belt covers, P/S pump, A/C compressor, alternator, belt tensioners, intake plenum connector, throttle body ******, coolant housings, injector rails, etc - the more things I took off, the better it looked) a few things modified (3.2L water pump pulley, flipped cam sensor) a few things added (velocity stacks, intake valve glass top supports, fabricated stands) - but the engine itself is complete and ready to install into a vehicle. Plus, I still have all the original parts (including wiring harness, ecu, maf, etc,) if someone decides to do that.

But, in the meantime, it'll look great as a conversation piece in someone's mancave. Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
That's awesome. I've wanted to make one of these one day. I love how you figured out how to support the glass.

-Chad

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
I love it, however someone will see this and want to buy it.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Bought a 3.0L from a junkyard years ago with plans to put it into a project car (not a Taurus). Went through it (replaced con rod bearings, head gaskets, head bolts, water pump, gaskets, etc,) cleaned everything, made a few small changes to accommodate fitting it into the project car...and then sold the project car. So, I had a great looking engine sitting in my shop gathering dust and nothing to put it in. I tried selling it as a complete engine but had no takers. Don't want to part it out, so I figured I could do something useful and creative with it - and here it is.

View attachment 83242
View attachment 83243
View attachment 83244

You'll notice a few things missing (belt covers, P/S pump, A/C compressor, alternator, belt tensioners, intake plenum connector, throttle body ******, coolant housings, injector rails, etc - the more things I took off, the better it looked) a few things modified (3.2L water pump pulley, flipped cam sensor) a few things added (velocity stacks, intake valve glass top supports, fabricated stands) - but the engine itself is complete and ready to install into a vehicle. Plus, I still have all the original parts (including wiring harness, ecu, maf, etc,) if someone decides to do that.

But, in the meantime, it'll look great as a conversation piece in someone's mancave. Anyone interested?

The cool thing is if you find a car to put it in, you can easily do that.

Looks great! What word was censored in your post near the throttle body.

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Once Tom sees it with all that polished shinyness he will claim it as his own...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online