Who will work on an SHO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
I called everywhere around my area, from Ford dealer to the ones that say "any make any model". Nobody will touch my car!

What kind of outfit should I be looking for? Are there still shops that specialize on our cars?

zoomlater

SHO Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have to travel some to find someone to work on your car if you are unable to do it yourself. What do you need done? There is a lot of information on this site on how to do things.

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Where are you located? I work at a Ford Dealership in the parts department and know more about these cars than any tech working at the dealership. All the techs that worked on these cars back in the day are long retired. My knowledge even spreads to other shops in my area. I have had independent shops near me give out my info to their customers. You might have to find an enthusiast near you that is willing to help you out instead of a shop.

What are you looking to have done?

-Chad

Joe_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I work at a Ford Dealership in the parts department and know more about these cars than any tech working at the dealership. All the techs that worked on these cars back in the day are long retired. My knowledge even spreads to other shops in my area. I have had independent shops near me give out my info to their customers. You might have to find an enthusiast near you that is willing to help you out instead of a shop.

What are you looking to have done?

-Chad
Motor has a knock, so either rebuild or replace. I am in Bismarck ND 58501. I would like a 3.2 swap but would be fine with a 3.0. The only place that would entertain the project said it would be $5-10k. I would prefer to not pay that much, but desparate times...

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
You might reach out to @Michelle to see if her husband Adam might be willing to help you out. They live in Wisconsin.

If you have access and availabllity of trailering it, bring it to St Louis for the SHO Convention this year. We will swap the engine in the hotel parking lot.

-Chad

zoomlater

SHO Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Motor has a knock, so either rebuild or replace. I am in Bismarck ND 58501. I would like a 3.2 swap but would be fine with a 3.0. The only place that would entertain the project said it would be $5-10k. I would prefer to not pay that much, but desparate times...
How many miles are on the car. Do you know if the rod bearing were ever done? For that much money, you can buy a lower mileage car or one that has been modified and maintained. Can you post a video of the knock so others can hear what it sounds like.

Michelle

(:
Club Mod
Reaction score
You might reach out to @Michelle to see if her husband Adam might be willing to help you out. They live in Wisconsin.

If you have access and availabllity of trailering it, bring it to St Louis for the SHO Convention this year. We will swap the engine in the hotel parking lot.

-Chad

Chad wants to set another record...

Joe_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score

-Chad
I can trailer it. I will come to the convention if you are serious. I want to drive this car already!

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
That is a one in a million offer. There will be alot of very capable owners there. If you have all the parts, tools, and beer, you might be in luck. Clarify everything ahead of time. That's a long tow. Good luck!

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
I can trailer it. I will come to the convention if you are serious. I want to drive this car already!
I've already talked with a couple of the guys. If you are registered for and attending the convention, we will get it done.

You will need to get the car there, source a replacement engine, and be willing to help out.

-Chad

Joe_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
I've already talked with a couple of the guys. If you are registered for and attending the convention, we will get it done.

You will need to get the car there, source a replacement engine, and be willing to help out.

-Chad
I can get the car there. I have a donor 3.2. I'm eager to help out. If you are serious i would like to talk logistics with you.

Boochy47

SHO Member
Reaction score

-Chad
Anyone in Michigan that’s not crazy priced?

Joe_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on the car. Do you know if the rod bearing were ever done? For that much money, you can buy a lower mileage car or one that has been modified and maintained. Can you post a video of the knock so others can hear what it sounds like.
Zoom i posted it on a different thread. Here is the link:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MW91

Members online

Back