Link to a good write up of Turbo swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

908sho

Reaction score
Looking for a good write up/video for a turbo swap.
Believe my oem are starting to show signs of failure and so I have been looking into new ones.
I would love to go with the GH ones but doesn’t seem like they will be in stock any time soon.
Planning to order the CR performance stage 2 39mm ones instead for the meantime.
People get mad on here about repeated questions but I have looked and havent found anything that goes deep into the install, apologies if this is easy to find for some people.
Thanks

908sho

Reaction score
I have epp intake, epp hot pipes, gh intercooler, trans/engine mounts, evo hpfp and deatschwerks 300cc lpfp btw.

Nobes28

Reaction score
Looking for a good write up/video for a turbo swap.
Believe my oem are starting to show signs of failure and so I have been looking into new ones.
I would love to go with the GH ones but doesn’t seem like they will be in stock any time soon.
Planning to order the CR performance stage 2 39mm ones instead for the meantime.
People get mad on here about repeated questions but I have looked and havent found anything that goes deep into the install, apologies if this is easy to find for some people.
Thanks
Matt at Turbo Bay in Florida makes turbos for SHO's. I just installed a pair from him and they are killer!!!

Nobes28

Reaction score
Any pictures of them? What stage did you get from him? Last I talked to him he was working on a stage 4
50mm turbine and 42-43mm compressor I guess kind of comparable to GH? My stockers didn't last too long with E30 tune. These new turbos spooled almost the same but very noticeable pull up top over stock. If anyone has Instagram I can show dragy runs from basically a stock 13 to what it is now. It's easier to share videos for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240202_175928814_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240202_175928814_HDR.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 8
Back