Into…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texas Marauder

SHO Member
Reaction score
This should be simple to figure out. The ICRM supplies VPWR to the solenoid. VPWR with ignition on. Ground thru PCM to activate or deactivate solenoid. Did you look at the wiring diagram pdf that I attached in an earlier post. The picture is just the layout. The pdf is specific with colors and pins. It's on page 1.

Last edited:

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yes. resolutions are always the catch. Some don't post them, and more than a few bail on the whole thing.

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I have the book with the same file as the pdf you sent the colors are light green & pink or purple. Wires coming off my solenoid are black an yellow.. weird

zoomlater

SHO Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you using a new IMRC or do you know for sure the one you have is working correctly? Are there any cracks in the lines going to the butterflys

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Yes I have 3 new imrc’s.. an vacuum works I hooked it up straight vacuum an butterfly’s open

Texas Marauder

SHO Member
Reaction score
I have the book with the same file as the pdf you sent the colors are light green & pink or purple. Wires coming off my solenoid are black an yellow.. weird
I just looked at my 89 and the wires are red and light green/purple. I wonder if someone spliced a connector to the original harness. If so, that's a likely place for a problem.

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I don’t think all years are the same.. ford did a lot of weird things with there wiring year to year with color changes an changing wire colors from the pcm to the harness even.. think the ground is the issue..

ShoGun-

Reaction score
I mean you could be right but I just don’t see that on this car where anything was disturbed wiring wise

Texas Marauder

SHO Member
Reaction score
I don’t think all years are the same.. ford did a lot of weird things with there wiring year to year with color changes an changing wire colors from the pcm to the harness even.. think the ground is the issue..
All I can tell you is that every diagram from 89-95 3.0 and 3.2 show red and light green/purple. The only difference is the PCM pin number. 32 for MTX, 34 for ATX

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Weird only getting 9 volts from that harness an it was swapped from I think the ac fan.. so somebody was messing around back there

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Harnesses where switched.. from eatc & solenoid.. there goes a x2j pcm junk.. buying another one tonite

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Sry guys I was a little heated lastnite sry if I wasn’t making sense. So the black an yellow wire that I was saying to Texas marauder was the harness originally plugged into my secondaries solenoid so we went fishing behind there an low an behold there was the black an light green an purple wires harness just laying wrapped around a few thing behind near the firewall so we tested that well my buddy did. I am not that good with electrical on cars. He said there’s only 9 volt coming for the correct purple green/ black harness the one that’s supposed to turn the solenoid on an off. He says from under the hood not enough volts. So he thinks it shorted the driver out inside the pcm from his words that operate the solenoid because whoever had the car before me plugged the black an yellow harness into the secondaries. Same connector guys identical so if anyone new or gets an sho that they can figure out why secondaries aren’t operating check to make sure someone wasn’t monkeying around back there an switched those harnesses.. I will post pics later tonite.. thank you to everyone who has help on this situation very much appreciated!!

ShoGun-

Reaction score
Weird ford used the same harness that close to each other.. with a different notch in the plug at different position

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6423.jpeg
    IMG_6423.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6425.jpeg
    IMG_6425.jpeg