Black Friday Flash Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

SHOForumSponsor
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
So for this “soft shift” tune I can’t help but notice it doesn’t specify the octane level so I’m left with the feeling, again, that I’m not being provided the entire truth, not accusing you of course as you were just relaying the information. Feels exactly the same as what caused this dumpster fire to begin with…
It should be labeled the same octane as the normal performance tune. Shoot me a photo of it and I'll double check with the tuning department

Livernois Motorsports

SHOForumSponsor
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
Mabe double check to see if you have a tuning department.
We do. Our tuning department has been able to write some pretty neat tunes and some first of the kind tunes as well. Like I mentioned to him, the "soft shift" was an internal label since they kept having issues of missed 1-2 shifts with the regular performance tune so they softened up the shifting to prevent that. Hence why they labeled it as such and was supposed to change the name before it got sent out.

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
I had my 01' Lightning tuned by Livernois several times back on the early 2000's and was always satisfied.
Geez Jim glad you found you way back to the future. All one has to do is read this thread from the start to see it's the same story for the sho's over and over. If the tuning department can't even update the file name how in the **** can you trust the file was any better! We need to put this turd in the punch bowl to bed. My offer still stands to buy my MyCal back!! I feel this is the worst thing I have ever spent money on. OUT!

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
I feel like this thread needs a closing statement.

I started my love for this platform with a Livernois performance pack (intake, precision gapped plugs, 160tstat, mycal tuner and 93 tunes). By the seat of my pants I thought it woke the car up. Immediately I didn’t know why my fan needed to be on 24/7. It was loud and annoying.

Im ripping up the roads thinking I’m Lightning McQueen, dusting everyone I saw as a threat with my dash smashing 1-2 shift. Boy I was unstoppable. Im LMS tuned!

Then I bought their catless downpipes and didn’t understand why they didn’t say Livernois on them. At this point I’m a fanboy and I wanted everything LMS. Why did they send me catless downpipes from a different company? Flashed my new downpipe tune and I’m quickly sidetracked with the new turbo spool noises coming from my exhaust!

Now I’m addicted, I need more power! Hey Livernois how much to install meth injection? I got a quote of roughly $4,000 dollars….included was all new spark plugs for the dyno….but why? Mine had less than 6k miles on them….come to find out the performance plugs I bought were just OEM plugs that Livernois was more than willing to simply gap for me for an additional $60. Why was it $3,000 for labor? Haven’t they already done this install countless times? They can’t do it efficiently?

At the time my wiring background was garage door openers…simple + - and I decided I’ll tackle installing meth injection myself instead of pay $3k+ and throw away good spark plugs. I was immediately taken back again when my meth kit didn’t say Livernois on the pump sleeve. It was in their pictures as having their logo and mine said Alky Control. Again disappointed bc I want to rep Livernois and they keep sending me other ppl’s parts? I didn’t fully understand why they advertised all these special things they did and then send logo-less parts to my door. But anyway, over that winter season as I stopped daily driving my SHO I just took my time, a little here a little there, making sure each step I completely understood before moving to the next. Livernois actually sent me some install instructions based off an F150 and it helped a lot!

Meth install complete, road test no leaks!!! Let’s go! Flash my new meth tune and I’m out on the street and although by the seat of my pants it felt stronger, I was max 10 psi boost. What? 10 psi? So I take to the internet where I find a YT video of a Ford engineer explaining the motor and mentions stock boost is 12 psi. What??? I’m tuned on less boost than stock? What????????????? That manual boost gauge I installed was their downfall for me. They told me I must have installed it wrong. Had me going over my install, checking everything countless times, going out to see if it changed and I always had 10 psi max boost. You can be only a partial car guy to know 10 psi ain’t shit.

I installed a Aeroforce Interceptor gauge directly connected to my OBDII port and set out again to monitor my boost and again it was 10 psi. That’s it, I’m done. End of story. I joined the EcoBoostPerformanceForum for the intent just to contact AjP and started out data logging Livernois’ meth tune and confirmed 10 psi and AJP laughed at how weak it was, like it was ridiculous. He started tuning me on just 93 first. My first base tune with Brad was 93 with meth pump turned off and 14 psi. Wow! I had to check I turned meth off! Ended the year with an 11.83 on an 18 psi meth tune with my passenger seat out. The car untouched with performance parts just different tuning, October cold air and the weight if my passenger front seat out.

Here in this video of my other passes from when I narrowly set the platform record, I made a lot of attempts and compiled them all here but at 1:12 in the video my Livernois Mycal tuner finally met its match and got what it deserved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MW91

Members online

Back