Wanting to tune my 2015 PP Sho.....

sanman

SHO Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying back in 2015 I bought my Sho and right away tune her up with a Livernois tune it was alot of fun quicker then Stock just a blast to drive. In 2017 I upgraded to livernois v11 tune i thought WOW what a blast Super Fast Chirping tires what a Beast. Then all the ******** started with hesitation very aggressive shifts you know the story, then the white Sho posted don't remember the name of the guy but what a gorgeous ride livernois tune destroyed that poor guys car something with the pistons so i put my car back to stock been stock since. I paid 40 grand for my car and im not ****** up my car like that.
I want to fall in love with my car again So i bought a SCTx4 Tuner and im ready to play again. I live in New York and i put 93 in my car now would love to put E85 but that is not available in my area because someone told me 3 gallon of 93 to 1 gallon of E85 would let me put an E30 tune.
So my question is i'm thinking Ao 93 Gearhead tune for now, in your guys opinion will that tune make me fall in love with my Car again. and eventually if i can find E85 in my area to go with gearhead E30 tune. I also read that AJTurbo has an awesome tune too, just would like to hear some feedback on your guys and gals if there are experience of the two they seem to be the two top runners in tunes. Thank you all...

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
If you've already done spark plugs and a 3-bar map get a 93 tune from gearhead and ajp you'll have the best of both worlds. And once you have all the hardware the tunes are cheap they're 100 - 200 bucks each. Each has it's own advantages.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
GH or AJP. Just stay away from the rest. Dont need to hit 8k rpm. Poor little valve springs cant spring that fast. Lol long story on youtube.
I have ajp currently and its really dialed in and different tunes for the seasons and whatnot. Ajp has crackle tune and ghost cam. No clue if GH has it or not now but 2 years ago he told me no. But GH has good transmission shifting and auto octane tunes. Cant go wrong with either one!

Last edited:

Ollie5002

Reaction score
GH or AJP. Just stay away from the rest. Dont need to hit 8k rpm. Poor little valve springs cant spring that fast. Lol long story on youtube.
I have ajp currently and its really dialed in and different tunes for the seasons and whatnot. Ajp has crackle tune and ghost cam. No clue if GH has it or not now but 2 years ago he told me no. But GH has good transmission shifting and auto octane tunes. Cant go wrong with either one!

Your buddy cant post up his slander so you have to? Sad when peiple don't know the story and try and post up because others balls were clipped. Next time see the whole story.. Ortiz FTW and the must beautiful thing I have had GH... felt like stock tune with more boost and I had +7KR which if you pay attention thst is a lot of the problem with the A0 tune.. but hey.. AJP has only blown up 6 or 7 engines

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
I love my dedicated AJPTurbo tunes. I have one for 91 octane, and one for E30. The 91 octane tune when I had it dyno'ed made 366 hp and 414 tq to the tire. My current E30 tune made 411 hp and 546 tq to the tire with my current mods.

cmart

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I also have a '15, stock, looking at tunes/tuners/mods. Sounds like the GH, etc. is reliable and makes good power, and it looks like all that's needed is plugs, thermostat, MAP, programmer, and a tune. Other places add in a CAI and exhaust, etc.

I sold my bike and stuffed a couple $K in my mattress, so I do have a little money to invest. The question is, in your opinions, where is the "sweet spot" of bang for the buck while maintaining daily driver reliability? What to do, what to leave for later?

ridered74

SHO Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but I also have a '15, stock, looking at tunes/tuners/mods. Sounds like the GH, etc. is reliable and makes good power, and it looks like all that's needed is plugs, thermostat, MAP, programmer, and a tune. Other places add in a CAI and exhaust, etc.

I sold my bike and stuffed a couple $K in my mattress, so I do have a little money to invest. The question is, in your opinions, where is the "sweet spot" of bang for the buck while maintaining daily driver reliability? What to do, what to leave for later?

Tune spark plugs and map sensor only is best bang for the buck. If that isn't enough power for you, hpfp and e30.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score

Just a 3 bar tune is a world of difference in a good way. Best thing to do first. Usually requires plugs to be gapped down to 28-30 thou. Just the throttle pedal being more responsive in S mode will make you smile

sanman

SHO Member
Reaction score
If you've already done spark plugs and a 3-bar map get a 93 tune from gearhead and ajp you'll have the best of both worlds. And once you have all the hardware the tunes are cheap they're 100 - 200 bucks each. Each has it's own advantages.
Thats exactly what i did ended up getting gearhead first great tune alot of fun, week later put on ajpturbo and bam love it so far very punchy i love my SHO again, I have to decide what tune will be my daily driver i'm thinking ajp because i fell its quicker off the line for the pain n the butt drivers in my area who think they can blow me away---- "Nott" Now lol....

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i did ended up getting gearhead first great tune alot of fun, week later put on ajpturbo and bam love it so far very punchy i love my SHO again, I have to decide what tune will be my daily driver i'm thinking ajp because i fell its quicker off the line for the pain n the butt drivers in my area who think they can blow me away---- "Nott" Now lol....
make sure you get a revision to Brad and let him do the work. His 93 tune is no joke.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to make that mattress a little less lumpy, I would get one of the standard "power packs" from one of the tuners everyone on here recommends (AJP, GH, Ortiz). Swap out the plugs, MAP, and thermostat. Get a set of AD mounts. After that, do all of your PM. Get transmission, PTU, coolant, etc. all changed out. Enjoy the new sleeper for a few months. Then you will be itching for that HPFP and E30.

SHOthyme

SHO Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to make that mattress a little less lumpy, I would get one of the standard "power packs" from one of the tuners everyone on here recommends (AJP, GH, Ortiz). Swap out the plugs, MAP, and thermostat. Get a set of AD mounts. After that, do all of your PM. Get transmission, PTU, coolant, etc. all changed out. Enjoy the new sleeper for a few months. Then you will be itching for that HPFP and E30.

This is the way. :)

sanman

SHO Member
Reaction score
now you need a HPFP and a e30 tune :)
I can't find e85 octane where i live "Staten Island in New York" so dissapointed.. I read some where 3 gallons of 93 to 1 gallon of e85 to achive the E30 tune is that right?

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Not all e85 is created equal you have to test it at the pumps but if you do have true e85 (85e) then you'd be 1.5 to 3. Provide the 91 is non ethanol.

J persons

Reaction score
I may be moving to California, and they have come up with a unique way of doing a smog check. They test the computer to see if it has been modified. It doesn't matter if it passes smog, if the computer has been modified it's a fail and they send you to a smog referee. has anyone figured out a work around? I was thinking of a piggy back system but I would like the top speed limiter removed and a piggy back won't do this. Is there any hope for my SHO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online