Noisemaker replacement

J persons

Reaction score
Have a '14 SHO that is bone stock and would like to delete the noisemaker. It's making a weird noise, sounds sort of like Chewbacca from Star Wars.
I've heard that the inlet pipe from an Explorer will fit and it doesn't have the noise maker. Does anyone know the part number or the year of the Explorer for the inlet pipe? I would rather not buy the aftermarket pipe if the Explorer pipe is available. Thanks in advance, John

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Have a '14 SHO that is bone stock and would like to delete the noisemaker. It's making a weird noise, sounds sort of like Chewbacca from Star Wars.
I've heard that the inlet pipe from an Explorer will fit and it doesn't have the noise maker. Does anyone know the part number or the year of the Explorer for the inlet pipe? I would rather not buy the aftermarket pipe if the Explorer pipe is available. Thanks in advance, John
A Lincoln MKS intake pipe is a direct replacement and no noisemaker. I don't know why it is labeled wrong, but this is the part.

J persons

Reaction score
Got my AA5Z-6F073-C inlet pipe! I originally ordered it from Tasca Parts and after paying for it they said it was on national back order and they cancelled my order. I then saw an ad on ebay for Carid and ordered it, and it came in today. This is the second time that I've tried to order from Tasca and both times they have cancelled my order because they didn't have the part, even after their website said they had them in stock. Needless to say, I'm tired of wasting my time ordering from Tasca.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Got my AA5Z-6F073-C inlet pipe! I originally ordered it from Tasca Parts and after paying for it they said it was on national back order and they cancelled my order. I then saw an ad on ebay for Carid and ordered it, and it came in today. This is the second time that I've tried to order from Tasca and both times they have cancelled my order because they didn't have the part, even after their website said they had them in stock. Needless to say, I'm tired of wasting my time ordering from Tasca.
Tasca and quite a few other parts websites get their orders fulfilled from other bigger parts warehouses. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to order from another website the same would happen. Before I order online I just usually go to a Lincoln dealership first to see if they have the part. Most time they do. The dealer part is usually around the same total because the online part, most times you get hosed with shipping.

J persons

Reaction score
I bought the piece from CarId, when the package came I looked at the return address and it was "Nielsen Motorsport" which is a part of "Nielson Ford" in NJ. Tasca Ford told me that the part was on national backorder, and made no effort to locate one. I'm sure that Tasca is on the Ford dealer network and they could have located one, if they had just tried. I don't take too kindly to a company saying they have the item in stock, then saying they don't and tying up my CC funds for a week or more or until they get around to issuing a refund. I will just go elsewhere for my parts.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Drop shippers do that all the time. Everything looks in stock until you pull the trigger.

Whiteymann

Reaction score

Dumb question... will the AA5Z-6F073-C fit a 2017 to replace ND...got this message on the Fordparts.com website when I tried to order​

This part does not match your vehicle 2017 Ford Taurus