I think my SHO hates me...

SHOandTel

Reaction score
Good Afternoon to everyone.

I have had my 2010 SHO for about a week now. I love the car, but our relationship is off to a rocky start. It has some minor cosmetic issues that I am working on fixing. A previous owner decided spray painting the chrome black was a good idea, and now its peeling and looks horrible so I need to find a way to strip that off without hurting the chrome coating/paint. It recently had a new compressor installed, and I guess the rear bolt broke off when they attempted to remove it. They didn't bother to extract it, just installed the two front bolts. So while I was driving, one of those two bolts snapped and caused the compressor to move and throw the belt. I got those extracted and the compressor bolted back up, then the belt tensioner broke while I was installing the belt. Today, I started hearing a clicking/tapping noise from the LF wheel area, which appears to be a CV axle. The noise seems out of character for a CV axle failure in my experience, and when I jacked it up and turned the wheel back and fourth the noise seems internal to the transmission. Also, fluid is leaking where the axle meets the transmission. It needs a CV axle either way, so I have a new one on the way. Crossing my fingers its not an internal problem.. I am including a picture of the car, and a few pictures of the cv axle and a few odd things I am hoping someone can explain and/or help me with. There is a missing hose, and two blocked off ports that I am unsure why. I work on forklifts for a living, and have been wrenching my whole life but I have very little experience with turbocharger setups so please excuse any stupid question. Sorry for the paragraph.. lol

Thanks,
Aaron

SHO 1

Attachments

• SHO (2).jpg
    SHO (2).jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 36
  • SHO (3).jpg
    SHO (3).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 34
  • SHO (4).jpg
    SHO (4).jpg
    268 KB · Views: 34
  • SHO (5).jpg
    SHO (5).jpg
    238 KB · Views: 33
  • SHO (6).jpg
    SHO (6).jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 34
  • SHO (7).jpg
    SHO (7).jpg
    169 KB · Views: 36

jman1200

SHO Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

It seems that they did a common mod where they remove the hoses from the blow off valves and vent them. That gives you a "pweeeeew" when they open.
Mine had it when I bought it, PO gave me the hoses which I reinstalled.

You are lucky that it was the driver side CV axle, I had to replace the one on the passenger side and Ford redesigned it so I had to replace the intermediate shaft as well which was more expensive that the CV axle itself.

SHOandTel

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I got the replacement CV axle installed today, along with a drain and fill for the trans, an oil change, and spark plugs. I am fairly certain the spark plugs were originals. I drove it around 20 miles and it seems to be doing fine. Hopefully it stays that way and I can focus on the cosmetic issues I would like to get taken care of.

BweegN

SHO Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! jman1200 is spot on with the recirculation valves being open to atmosphere.
The only concern which others will be able to answer easier than I is: If having it disconnected decreases performance or not...
I'm not sure if the recirc is in place to balance out any surge, ensure there is still some pressure present, or simply to keep the system quiet.

Tbird6

Reaction score
Be sure and add a PTU and RDU fluid change ASAP!
Those do need changed often and they contain only small amounts of oil.

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the group, sorry to hear of your issues already just starting off. Hopefully the dealership is owning it and getting you taken care of. Don't let this discourage you from the fun the cars can be though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online