Exhaust/BOV Questions

BigStu123

Reaction score
Hey guys once again I appreciate everyone’s responses over the last few discussions I have made.

I have a couple questions/recommendations since I just traded in my 2013 PP SHO (which I got used from someone who already upgraded it many ways) for a 2019 PP SHO from the dealer which is coming stock obviously.

1. BOV - it was under my impression I needed to buy an aftermarket BOV to get that sound from the turbos. But after doing a few google searches, I’ve read that there is already a stock BOV installed and you just need a BOV adapter to make the noise more pronounced? I also read a CAI/exhaust will make the noise more pronounced? I guess my question is, I don’t need to buy a BOV because there is already one installed correct?

2. Looking for exhaust recommendations - something that’s not dumb loud but also not quiet. I’ve seen a broad range of different exhaust systems online so does anyone have any recommendations for an exhaust that sounds good?

3. Does anyone have any other recommendations as to what I should eventually buy/upgrade? Like we have exhaust upgrades, CAI, tune, lowering springs… anything else other than these I could do besides buying bigger turbos lol?

Pretty loaded discussion but I’m just trying to understand and not spend money on things that aren’t needed so if someone could really clear up the BOV confusion for me and give me exhaust recommendations that would be very helpful. Thanks once again everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
There are 2 factory BO v's. Just vent one to atmosphere instead of back into the intake and cap off the intake side. If that's not loud enough vent both of them atmosphere.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
What is the warranty on this car? How much do you want to keep it?
A tune is the most improvement for the money. it and other obvious modifications can also be cause for rejection of warranty covered repairs.

BigStu123

Reaction score
There are 2 factory BO v's. Just vent one to atmosphere instead of back into the intake and cap off the intake side. If that's not loud enough vent both of them atmosphere.

I’ll have to look up a video on how to do this… but cool

BigStu123

Reaction score
What is the warranty on this car? How much do you want to keep it?
A tune is the most improvement for the money. it and other obvious modifications can also be cause for rejection of warranty covered repairs.

It’s a 2019 with 19k mileage. I want to have it for at least 3-4 years I’d say. Warranty is 7 year from 2019 or 100k mileage whichever is first.

BigStu123

Reaction score

Ahhh okay I see it here https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=343.0. So venting both is perfectly fine and won’t “hurt” anything if I decide to do that? And is there a specific cap/plug I need and would you know where to find/order them?

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Ahhh okay I see it here https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=343.0. So venting both is perfectly fine and won’t “hurt” anything if I decide to do that? And is there a specific cap/plug I need and would you know where to find/order them?

go to your local hardware store and find a rubber cap in the plumbing department and a band clamp. this side is under vacuum so your are just trying to keep the dirt out. just one is louder than you would think. man that link is old as chit! ecopower parts is the intake you will want if you go higher boost. it makes a little whooosh without the VTA.

BigStu123

Reaction score
go to your local hardware store and find a rubber cap in the plumbing department and a band clamp. this side is under vacuum so your are just trying to keep the dirt out. just one is louder than you would think. man that link is old as chit! ecopower parts is the intake you will want if you go higher boost. it makes a little whooosh without the VTA.

Catch can bung? Rear turbo house? Powder coated? Are those things needed? I probably would want powder coated it looks nicer but the other two things, are those needed?

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
your better off justing ordering 2 silicone vacuum caps at the size you need. The rubber cap chair bottom things work but once they been on for a year or so they get hard from the oil and heat thats around them. I had it like that for a few years. Sounds awesome. If id do it again i would use silicone caps

BigStu123

Reaction score
How important is the 170 degree thermostat? Is it really necessary if I’m just a daily driver? I don’t bring my car to the track or anything..

Kevin Curley

Reaction score

I did this mod and I did both BOV's. I love the sound, I think it's super cool.

I ordered these, a little pricey but I wanted them to last and look nice, even if you can't see the back one lol.

And I got these corresponding clamps:

Kevin Curley

Reaction score
Anyone know if these would fit a 2019? https://shop.redline360.com/product...-taurus-sho-13-15-flex-13-17-mr-cdk-ft10-ezii

I'm not sure if they will fit a '19, but I think they will. Might want to make sure. I just feel like I should warn you.

I have these on my car. I wanted the stance and I got it. Car looks awesome. It handles better, body roll is mostly gone but I also got the Whiteline 24mm sway bar.

The ride is awful. Bad enough to where I don't like driving it long distances or to places I'm not familiar with. This car is not my daily, if it was I would probably switch back to the stock suspension. You will feel EVERY bump in the road. And I mean every bump. And when you hit an actual pothole it sounds like the something is breaking. Everything beyond a small bump is a major event. I've tried running them full soft to full hard and in between. I've tried different tire pressures. It's rough. Nothing has actually broken, it's fine, but man it hurts. So it all depends on what you're trying to do with the car in my opinion. I have not experienced the ride with the H&R's, I just didn't want my car that low. But it does look great I think and the car handles a lot better when you're in some twisties. Just my experience. I probably would not do it again. If they ever fail I'll personally switch back to stock.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a similar experience with the BR Racing ones.

Other guys I've talked to with coilover experience from other cars pretty much say that's the trade-off, sacrificing comfort for performance.

BigStu123

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they will fit a '19, but I think they will. Might want to make sure. I just feel like I should warn you.

I have these on my car. I wanted the stance and I got it. Car looks awesome. It handles better, body roll is mostly gone but I also got the Whiteline 24mm sway bar.

The ride is awful. Bad enough to where I don't like driving it long distances or to places I'm not familiar with. This car is not my daily, if it was I would probably switch back to the stock suspension. You will feel EVERY bump in the road. And I mean every bump. And when you hit an actual pothole it sounds like the something is breaking. Everything beyond a small bump is a major event. I've tried running them full soft to full hard and in between. I've tried different tire pressures. It's rough. Nothing has actually broken, it's fine, but man it hurts. So it all depends on what you're trying to do with the car in my opinion. I have not experienced the ride with the H&R's, I just didn't want my car that low. But it does look great I think and the car handles a lot better when you're in some twisties. Just my experience. I probably would not do it again. If they ever fail I'll personally switch back to stock.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a similar experience with the BR Racing ones.

Other guys I've talked to with coilover experience from other cars pretty much say that's the trade-off, sacrificing comfort for performance.

I’ve read that coilovers ride better than springs though. And coil overs and springs are basically the only two choices lol.

kenneth mccoy

Reaction score
I am currently running H&R springs and they rough, but they make the car look really good and they help with cornering especially with upgraded rear sway bar. I am also running MRT axle back exhaust they have a nice tone from idle to WOT

Last edited:

Wayne Starnes

Reaction score
Hey guys once again I appreciate everyone’s responses over the last few discussions I have made.

I have a couple questions/recommendations since I just traded in my 2013 PP SHO (which I got used from someone who already upgraded it many ways) for a 2019 PP SHO from the dealer which is coming stock obviously.

1. BOV - it was under my impression I needed to buy an aftermarket BOV to get that sound from the turbos. But after doing a few google searches, I’ve read that there is already a stock BOV installed and you just need a BOV adapter to make the noise more pronounced? I also read a CAI/exhaust will make the noise more pronounced? I guess my question is, I don’t need to buy a BOV because there is already one installed correct?

2. Looking for exhaust recommendations - something that’s not dumb loud but also not quiet. I’ve seen a broad range of different exhaust systems online so does anyone have any recommendations for an exhaust that sounds good?

3. Does anyone have any other recommendations as to what I should eventually buy/upgrade? Like we have exhaust upgrades, CAI, tune, lowering springs… anything else other than these I could do besides buying bigger turbos lol?

Pretty loaded discussion but I’m just trying to understand and not spend money on things that aren’t needed so if someone could really clear up the BOV confusion for me and give me exhaust recommendations that would be very helpful. Thanks once again everyone.

I vented both blow off values to the atmosphere. It sounds alot better. Its like a 15 minute job and only cost a few bucks. Far as Cai. I went with the K&N typhoon. It improved the sound tremendously.

Wayne Starnes

Reaction score

I went with the H&R lowering springs. They improved the stance. It got rid of the jacked up back end look that the Taurus has. Far as exhaust its just personal preference. I wanted a deeper tone without the raspy sound. I went to local shop and had 2.5 inch stains pipe and Flowmaster 40s and deleted the resonator. But like I said exhaust choices its your preference...

BigStu123

Reaction score
So I’ve read that the EcoPower Parts intake is the best one. Best sounding and sounds great. Comparing it to the K&N intake (which is obviously very simply to install and clean), how much harder is this one to install and upkeep? Does it require frequent cleaning like maybe once a year? Is it much more if a hassle to remove and clean when you need to, sense it connects to the rear turbo or whatever? I’m tempted to go with the EcoPower Parts CAI, but just want to check in to see what the upkeep is, how hard the install is and if it’s really worth it. I’m all for it just want some more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theexo

Members online