cordell

Reaction score
Hello! I have GH tune for my 2013 PP SHO and after revising it several times, it did get better but it’s not fully perfect. I do understand the shifts will be more firm, and although my shifts are firm I still feel like there is room for improvement. I can’t quite out into words what it feels like, but it’s almost like it feels it’s jolting into gears, most prominently from 2-3. I do have the AD transmission mounts installed which did help a little I guess, now I’m thinking about doing engine mounts… any recommendations for those? And are they easy to install? On top of this, can anyone think of anything else that may need to be replaced that could be messing with my shifts? The car does have 87k on it, with only 15k on the transmission since that was replaced. Just trying to figure out what’s going on here so my shifts act the same way every time because I’m sure it’s possible. I’ve heard engine mounts but who knows if that’s actually it!

Substantia Nigra

Reaction score
With 87k and 9 years your passenger side engine mount and your driver side trans mount are likely shot. Mine were totally shot with 97k.

Relatively easy jobs to do at home, I just went with OEM.

I'm sure you've thought of this already but what does the trans fluid look like after 15k on a new part? is the level still good? is it only when it shifts you feel the jolt, are you sure? jolting in the driveline on these cars, my thoughts go to metal crumbles in a dead PTU

cordell

Reaction score
Yes I topped off the twenty fluid and put a bit extra because the tuners said to. I guess SOMETIMES I feel the jolt when I go from park to drive/reverse etc. Seems much more smooth with stock as it should. How much is a replacement PTU?