Tune - saving stock file?

David Klopper

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Gearhead BDX package. Before I apply the tune I just want to check if I’m missing something when it comes to making a backup of my stock settings.

I’ve seen on several YouTube videos (non Fords) that on the “Street Use Notice” screen there is an option to download the stock tune. However on my screen I can only see “Exit” and “Continue”.

Does anyone know how I can make a backup of my stock settings before I apply the tune?

Thanks

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
I have the livewire and the stock tune is keep in the device. this is when it's married. after you tune it and go back to the load custom tune it will show in the bottom L corner (stock tune) and all the custom tunes in the main body. you would have to load the stock tune back to unmarrie it. I also think you can make a copy of it from the device updater program.

ridered74

SHO Member
Reaction score
I have the livewire and the stock tune is keep in the device. this is when it's married. after you tune it and go back to the load custom tune it will show in the bottom L corner (stock tune) and all the custom tunes in the main body. you would have to load the stock tune back to unmarrie it. I also think you can make a copy of it from the device updater program.

Correct. One of the options is to save stock file.