BigStu123

Reaction score
Hey. I run GH tune and have just now noticing the shifting is different between sport mode and drive. With this said, I have gotten numerous tune revisions. One quick question.

1. Is there a way to get sport mode to go into 6th gear? I just had a tune that I used for a couple months and when I finally tried out sport mode (not using paddles tho) I noticed it like downshifted for me, utilizes 2nd gear (instead of the normal 3-1 downshift), and it went into 6th gear if I was going fast enough. Now that I had a tune revision (making the shifting less harsh), it’s back to not downshifting like it did before and I notice no matter how fast I go in 5th gear, it won’t up shift to 6th. So I’m not sure if my car needs time to learn again before it will do this in sport mode? Just confused.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
I have an AJPTurbo Tune and my SHO will not shift into 6th gear while in sport mode. I have to manually with the paddle put it into 6th gear.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
I have an AJPTurbo Tune and my SHO will not shift into 6th gear while in sport mode. I have to manually with the paddle put it into 6th gear.
Really. Mine still can. Just takes awhile and very light foot on petal. Most of the time 5th is the highest but it gets into 6th on a steady flat road

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Really. Mine still can. Just takes awhile and very light foot on petal. Most of the time 5th is the highest but it gets into 6th on a steady flat road
It isnt a big deal for me personally. I am never in sport mode going that fast really ever.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
It isnt a big deal for me personally. I am never in sport mode going that fast really ever.
Yea i always paddle shift sport mode. Usually ill redo it into sport mode to cancel the paddle shifts just to take off from a stop to show off. I hate when i shift and it up shifts at the same time in paddle mode. Go from 1st to 3rd. God i hate automatics

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
Hey. I run GH tune and have just now noticing the shifting is different between sport mode and drive. With this said, I have gotten numerous tune revisions. One quick question.

1. Is there a way to get sport mode to go into 6th gear? I just had a tune that I used for a couple months and when I finally tried out sport mode (not using paddles tho) I noticed it like downshifted for me, utilizes 2nd gear (instead of the normal 3-1 downshift), and it went into 6th gear if I was going fast enough. Now that I had a tune revision (making the shifting less harsh), it’s back to not downshifting like it did before and I notice no matter how fast I go in 5th gear, it won’t up shift to 6th. So I’m not sure if my car needs time to learn again before it will do this in sport mode? Just confused.
That's new to me, i use AJP by highway speed, she shifts in sixth.

Zpak

Es Aich Oh!
Reaction score
Yeah my AJP tunes all utilize 6th in sport where it didn’t on stock tune. My favorite addition though is the gear indicator always on. After my first flash I saw that and emailed Brad to thank him.

I like sport on curvy highway’ish speed roads, holding RPM’s higher in a lower gear is nice for out of corner acceleration instead of waiting for a down shift.

Last edited:

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
In my 2010 it’s not S (sport) on the shifter it’s m (manual) and it’s full manual, it will not upshift for you. It won’t downshift either if you go WOT. It will however downshift if you’re in a high gear and slow down for a stop light, and it goes from 3 to 1.

Always been like that from stock, to LME to AJPTURBO. That’s why I was so confused when my Ortiz tune in 3rd M going WOT downshifted into 2nd. But unlike your S (sport) mode it then didn’t also upshift. It’s like it downshifted into a more favorable rpm? However it is not supposed to, nor has it ever happened from stock to LME to AJPTurbo before. Talk about some bull$h-it.

First time the Ortiz tune did this was on a first time WOT 3rd gear pull….blew a coupler right off. It’s just completely asinine for a company to alter how a feature in the car functions but for the worse. I went from full control to half control. If it makes it downshift but then not upshift that is dangerous. It must be Luis wasn’t really thinking of, or considering the fact that 2010-12 and 13+ do not have the same manual paddle functions. And as they like to say….the only thing they did wrong was not tell me to leave it in Drive……no! What they did wrong was not realize there’s a difference and they also didn’t disclose that, but the audacity to say, You’re the only one who drives in M? You’re the only tuning company that changed how M worked. And that I should learn how to data log? Learn how to tune better. And I think it means something to have the track experiences I do, to slowly get myself to a certain level of my goals and my cars performance so they were right about one thing. I am not like most of their customers who are getting a tune for the very first time. I know exactly what I’m doing. I already know my car at an intimate level, working on it with my own hands, expecting and relying on it to deliver proven performance, consistent performance. My experience with this platform, my experience with data logging and my experience with operating all the functions of my car is why I know your tuning was trash. I’m not guessing…..I know. I’m being transparent and direct. I didn’t decide to just talk trash about Ortiz until they questioned my competence in how to operate my car and obtain a data log. And talking “trash” is really just me speaking the truth.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
In my 2010 it’s not S (sport) on the shifter it’s m (manual) and it’s full manual, it will not upshift for you. It won’t downshift either if you go WOT. It will however downshift if you’re in a high gear and slow down for a stop light, and it goes from 3 to 1.

Always been like that from stock, to LME to AJPTURBO. That’s why I was so confused when my Ortiz tune in 3rd M going WOT downshifted into 2nd. But unlike your S (sport) mode it then didn’t also upshift. It’s like it downshifted into a more favorable rpm? However it is not supposed to, nor has it ever happened from stock to LME to AJPTurbo before. Talk about some bull$h-it.

First time the Ortiz tune did this was on a first time WOT 3rd gear pull….blew a coupler right off. It’s just completely asinine for a company to alter how a feature in the car functions but for the worse. I went from full control to half control. If it makes it downshift but then not upshift that is dangerous. It must be Luis wasn’t really thinking of, or considering the fact that 2010-12 and 13+ do not have the same manual paddle functions. And as they like to say….the only thing they did wrong was not tell me to leave it in Drive……no! What they did wrong was not realize there’s a difference and they also didn’t disclose that, but the audacity to say, You’re the only one who drives in M? You’re the only tuning company that changed how M worked. And that I should learn how to data log? Learn how to tune better. And I think it means something to have the track experiences I do, to slowly get myself to a certain level of my goals and my cars performance so they were right about one thing. I am not like most of their customers who are getting a tune for the very first time. I know exactly what I’m doing. I already know my car at an intimate level, working on it with my own hands, expecting and relying on it to deliver proven performance, consistent performance. My experience with this platform, my experience with data logging and my experience with operating all the functions of my car is why I know your tuning was trash. I’m not guessing…..I know. I’m being transparent and direct. I didn’t decide to just talk trash about Ortiz until they questioned my competence in how to operate my car and obtain a data log. And talking “trash” is really just me speaking the truth.
Truth is never trash brother

SpeedHapyOutlaw

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to add an idiosyncrasy I've found when shifting in Sport Mode:

1). From a stop in sport mode locked into manual 1. At WOT it will shift on it's own at redline, but won't give you 6th gear.
2). From a stop in sport mode locked into manual 1 with the traction control off. Car will run all the way to the rev limiter w/o shifting.

This was the same for my bone stock 2013 Non-PP (sold) and my current 2017 PPO.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to add an idiosyncrasy I've found when shifting in Sport Mode:

1). From a stop in sport mode locked into manual 1. At WOT it will shift on it's own at redline, but won't give you 6th gear.
2). From a stop in sport mode locked into manual 1 with the traction control off. Car will run all the way to the rev limiter w/o shifting.

This was the same for my bone stock 2013 Non-PP (sold) and my current 2017 PPO.
Its sport mode. No real need for 6th gear unless you are on the Mulsanne Straight. In motorsport you want to be where the power is. Nearly all tracks open to the public you dont see over 140 on the sho around the course.

SpeedHapyOutlaw

Reaction score
Its sport mode. No real need for 6th gear unless you are on the Mulsanne Straight. In motorsport you want to be where the power is. Nearly all tracks open to the public you dont see over 140 on the sho around the course.
I'm well aware of how all that works, I guess you missed my point:

With the traction control "off" the car will run gears to the rev limiter (No Upshift) in manual sport mode, with the traction control "on" it will automatically upshift in manual sport mode.

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
I'm well aware of how all that works, I guess you missed my point:

With the traction control "off" the car will run gears to the rev limiter (No Upshift) in manual sport mode, with the traction control "on" it will automatically upshift in manual sport mode.
Read back through thread, you need to contact GH. Drive and sport behave differently. I don't have true manual, mines a 2018, but even data logging in third, eventually it will shift to fourth. I get sixth gear after 50mph in sport. Why I like AJP, he seems to leave the tranny alone.

Last edited:

SpeedHapyOutlaw

Reaction score
So all I get is tripe, huh? Read my first post, I'm asking if anyone else has noticed an idiosyncrasy with the the sport mode shifting. I clearly state my cars are bone stock.

Maybe I need to more clear. So try this; next time you're at the track (Straight line type) or you're favorite intersection do this: Put the car in sport mode, manually shift the car into first gear. Then hammer out, it will automatically upshift at redline, hence the double shifts that people are complaining about.

Now next time do the same, but shut the traction control off. Car will bounce off rev limiter but will not automatically shift.

Now if you're talking about advance track sport mode, then it's my misunderstanding. I only use that when it's snowing.

BoSHO

Reaction score
So all I get is tripe, huh? Read my first post, I'm asking if anyone else has noticed an idiosyncrasy with the the sport mode shifting. I clearly state my cars are bone stock.

Maybe I need to more clear. So try this; next time you're at the track (Straight line type) or you're favorite intersection do this: Put the car in sport mode, manually shift the car into first gear. Then hammer out, it will automatically upshift at redline, hence the double shifts that people are complaining about.

Now next time do the same, but shut the traction control off. Car will bounce off rev limiter but will not automatically shift.

Now if you're talking about advance track sport mode, then it's my misunderstanding. I only use that when it's snowing.

Hmmm ... interesting and good to know. Since the first thing I do each drive is turn the TC off in my 2016, always running in manual mode, as well.

(With the H&Rs, no torque steer, no dive, flat as ****, just lovely. :) How soon they forget how short & compact car-like our 112, 113-ish wheelbase is.)

Anyway, Florida Turnpike On-Ramp, I shall be by soon to try this. Oh yes.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score

Backwards. Tc off it will shift fine. Tc on and it will sometimes shutdown before 2nd gear because of torque management

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
Hmmm ... interesting and good to know. Since the first thing I do each drive is turn the TC off in my 2016, always running in manual mode, as well.

(With the H&Rs, no torque steer, no dive, flat as ****, just lovely. :) How soon they forget how short & compact car-like our 112, 113-ish wheelbase is.)

Anyway, Florida Turnpike On-Ramp, I shall be by soon to try this. Oh yes.
Traction control off you will be fine, it will shift normal. Tuned or not. I get it not matter what tune or stock tune. Even v11 and v13 do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theexo

Members online

No members online now.