Possibility of adding ACC to a SHO With the Performance Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnDoeSHO

Reaction score
So for context, I've been trying to see if there were actually any SHO's for sale that came with ACC and the Performance Package and from what I could find online anyhow, this was not the case. I then further googled if this was even an option and I got 2 answers

-No, the SHO Could not have both the Performance Package and ACC

-Yes, the SHO only couldn't have both in 2013 but it could in later years

So my first question is which one of these is correct? Are there any SHO's with both or is it one or the other? Next question is, would it be possible to get this added assuming of course you could source all of the parts? I've heard of people doing it with other Ford models (mostly F150's) however I wondered if those would be feasible to add to a Performance Package SHO.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
The second option is backward. From what I understand, 2013 was the only year you could get both. As far as adding it to a PP SHO, it would actually be easier to add PP to the SHO with ACC from what I can tell. There should be a thread about this if you search.

Is there a specific feature or reason you want the PP? Personally, I went with the Driver Assistance Package (includes ACC) and slowly started adding the PP options (or better aftermarket).

The sport-tuned suspension you can add by replacing the struts/springs either with OEM or using aftermarket and a lot of people want to lower the vehicle so H&R springs get replaced anyways. Might as well upgrade the strut while you are doing it. For performance brake pads you can go with OEM PP pads or aftermarket of your choice ( I went with PowerStop Z37 Police pads). The sport-calibrated steering can be programmed using ForScan. The sport mode for the stability control can supposedly be added with the addition of a button (the stock one will work but with LDW and Auto Park, there is no room for it in the stock location). The 3.16:1 final drive actually works against you for 1/4 mile times and MPG but could be swapped if desired. The Alcantara steering wheel can be sourced from a junkyard or new OEM. The 3 season tires can be put on the next time you need tires or get good all seasons with better grip. The final item is taking out the spare and tossing in a can of fix-a-flat or tire slime and an inflator. That is everything they list in the brochure. If you are looking for things like the transmission cooler, lower temperature transmission cooler thermostat, PTU cooler, etc. There are a bunch of writeups on that stuff and how to add them.

To go with the PP and add the ACC, you will need to add the radar behind the front bumper and align it, all of the wiring between it, and all of the modules it communicates with, swap the steering wheel buttons, and if you do not have a windshield camera you will need to add that. After all of that is done, you will still only have the ACC stuff added. I am not sure how well the system will play without the other safety systems such as LDW. The car may look for all of the LDW equipment once the camera is added or other similar devices that work for multiple systems.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second option is backward. From what I understand, 2013 was the only year you could get both. As far as adding it to a PP SHO, it would actually be easier to add PP to the SHO with ACC from what I can tell. There should be a thread about this if you search.

Is there a specific feature or reason you want the PP? Personally, I went with the Driver Assistance Package (includes ACC) and slowly started adding the PP options (or better aftermarket).

The sport-tuned suspension you can add by replacing the struts/springs either with OEM or using aftermarket and a lot of people want to lower the vehicle so H&R springs get replaced anyways. Might as well upgrade the strut while you are doing it. For performance brake pads you can go with OEM PP pads or aftermarket of your choice ( I went with PowerStop Z37 Police pads). The sport-calibrated steering can be programmed using ForScan. The sport mode for the stability control can supposedly be added with the addition of a button (the stock one will work but with LDW and Auto Park, there is no room for it in the stock location). The 3.16:1 final drive actually works against you for 1/4 mile times and MPG but could be swapped if desired. The Alcantara steering wheel can be sourced from a junkyard or new OEM. The 3 season tires can be put on the next time you need tires or get good all seasons with better grip. The final item is taking out the spare and tossing in a can of fix-a-flat or tire slime and an inflator. That is everything they list in the brochure. If you are looking for things like the transmission cooler, lower temperature transmission cooler thermostat, PTU cooler, etc. There are a bunch of writeups on that stuff and how to add them.

To go with the PP and add the ACC, you will need to add the radar behind the front bumper and align it, all of the wiring between it, and all of the modules it communicates with, swap the steering wheel buttons, and if you do not have a windshield camera you will need to add that. After all of that is done, you will still only have the ACC stuff added. I am not sure how well the system will play without the other safety systems such as LDW. The car may look for all of the LDW equipment once the camera is added or other similar devices that work for multiple systems.
100% the gospel, for me the depressing 1/4 mile gear ratio would be the deal breaker for picking the PP. The coolers offset that decision for me. Living in the South heat is a killer.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
100% the gospel, for me the depressing 1/4 mile gear ratio would be the deal breaker for picking the PP. The coolers offset that decision for me. Living in the South heat is a killer.
If the coolers are what you need, it is easy enough to look at the Ford parts breakdown and add them. There are a couple of good write-ups about adding the trans cooler and thermostat. I think the PTU cooler is a little harder if I remember right. I have not tackled that yet.

JohnDoeSHO

Reaction score
Is there a specific feature or reason you want the PP?
I sort if figured I could add-on most things, most of the SHO's in my area actually are PP models, and very few ACC models so I figured I'd compare the cost of a PP (much less rare so a bit cheaper) and an ACC (Rarer, and generally cost more) and see which would be the more affordable option after adding on the features from one to another. The only thing I wasn't for sure about aftermarket-wise was the coolers and the quote "sport-calibrated electric power-assisted steering".

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
I sort if figured I could add-on most things, most of the SHO's in my area actually are PP models, and very few ACC models so I figured I'd compare the cost of a PP (much less rare so a bit cheaper) and an ACC (Rarer, and generally cost more) and see which would be the more affordable option after adding on the features from one to another. The only thing I wasn't for sure about aftermarket-wise was the coolers and the quote "sport-calibrated electric power-assisted steering".
The sport-calibrated steering is a noticeable difference but it is literally just clicking a button in ForScan. If you will work on it yourself, and you don't have ForScan, you will want it. My non-PP has the sport steering now.

Back