Looking for Some Assistance

FastMachS

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently switch the tune of my car over to Torrie at Unleashed. I was originally running a LMS 440 package but did not like the transmission performance. I am having issues with the car now after pushing past 11PSI of boost and Torrie has been more than patient with me on trying to work through this and diagnose the problem. The problem is, once we start pushing at all past 11 psi the bypass valve will be commanded open for a split second any time I take the car WOT. This in return will cause the car to stagger and fall on its face through the rest of the run. I have replaced the boost control solenoid and all lines including the addition of clamps, Tried a new 3Bar map sensor, Checked all hot and cold line connections. The only thing I found out of order was some slight oil buildup in the hot pipe coming from the rear turbo but hasn't come back to any significant extent in the last 300 miles. The bypass valve will also open momentarily any time the car shifts down for a 1/2 to 3/4% throttle acceleration from 6th gear. I'm clueless as to what could be commanding this valve to open and I feel I've taken up plenty of Torrie's time troubleshooting an issue I'm sure is on my end.
Some other notes: No noise from Turbos, No noticeable oil consumption, Car feels good in stock form and tuned to 11psi, No DTCs.
Graph Legend: Green= Boost PSI, Pink= Bypass valve, Purple= Waste-gate
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220213_135216.jpg
    20220213_135216.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 12

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Have you checked the BOV/Bypass valve diaphragms? Also I would check to see if you have any loose vacuum hoses as well.

Bluezone

Tailgaters will be prosecuted.
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that these are the stock electrically driven blow off valves. If they are check for an intermittent fault with a plug or the wires themselves. I don't see any mention of using the upgrade transmission torque mounts. So I'm guessing when you hit certain boost levels, the engine is twisting and a bad connection is presenting itself at higher boost levels. Your problems with LMS might have even caused.

stripSHO

Idiot Savant
Reaction score
If the computer is commanding the BOVs to open, then something is making it believe that your turbos are hitting their surge line. Can you attach a .zip with some log files? It would be helpful to see all the data.

FREAK_SHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
Check the connection in the pic attached (clean zip tie bottom center). This was disconnected on my car and I had some weird boost issuses1644882384160

FastMachS

Reaction score
If the computer is commanding the BOVs to open, then something is making it believe that your turbos are hitting their surge line. Can you attach a .zip with some log files? It would be helpful to see all the data.
Attached is the CSV file. Vacuum system checks out good and holds without loss for 20 minutes. Pressure checking the pressure side of the tubo system held 20 PSI for 20 minutes (Compress from TB hose connection and plugged both turbo hot pipes and boost control valve. Lines are all new and clamped from boost control system. Bypass valves have good appearance and hold strong when energized. Bypass valves are stock. Thank you for the help. Thinking of returning to stock and buying a 36k mile SHO down the road lol.

Attachments

• datalog004-3B.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 1

Bluezone

Tailgaters will be prosecuted.
Reaction score
You're right. Only saw the thumbnail of his graph. When I looked at the full View I saw the blow off valve command.

stripSHO

Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Yup, BOVs are just doing their job. You're spiking >22 psi. Did you verify all wastegate linkage is secure and that both actuators are operating smoothly? I know you replaced the control solenoid and tubing, but is it possible that something is obstructing the pressure source? (ziptied connection in freaksho's picture above)

FastMachS

Reaction score
Yup, BOVs are just doing their job. You're spiking >22 psi. Did you verify all wastegate linkage is secure and that both actuators are operating smoothly? I know you replaced the control solenoid and tubing, but is it possible that something is obstructing the pressure source? (ziptied connection in freaksho's picture above)
When I first got it I had issues with that hose coming off. I originally replaced the hose with a piece of 1/4" fuel line and clamped both ends. When the issue persisted I bought the stealership solenoid/hose package and replaced it all along with a couple added factory spring clamps where there weren't any. I can easily blow through the port on the hot pipe going to the solenoid so nothing is in there. The only observation there is there is always an accumulation of oil in/around the ****** even after cleaning. My only assumption based off this is just enough oil is getting pushed into that port to cause a choke point during higher air volumes.

stripSHO

Idiot Savant
Reaction score
When I first got it I had issues with that hose coming off. I originally replaced the hose with a piece of 1/4" fuel line and clamped both ends. When the issue persisted I bought the stealership solenoid/hose package and replaced it all along with a couple added factory spring clamps where there weren't any. I can easily blow through the port on the hot pipe going to the solenoid so nothing is in there. The only observation there is there is always an accumulation of oil in/around the ****** even after cleaning. My only assumption based off this is just enough oil is getting pushed into that port to cause a choke point during higher air volumes.
PM Sent