2013-2019 Ford Taurus Duraflex GT500 V2 Hood- Fiberglass : is this fine for daily driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jman12

Reaction score
4b4cfd1ca04541c6114ed51d14d10ae7
Hello just recently joined the forum today after initially posting on Reddit. I’ve been looking at these duraflex gt500 hoods on carid and other sites since last summer and this is the cheapest I’ve found.

I’m aware the carbon fiber one would most likely be best for daily driving but admittedly I can’t afford that.

So I would love some feedback on anyone who’s gotten this one, or any knowledge with fiberglass hoods and daily driving them? Whether : parts needed when installing, maintenance, problems, anything and everything is appreciated as I really want it. But need to here what’s all going to have to be done in the install process. I’ve read online that some problems with fiberglass hoods tend to be it gets to wobbly at high speeds and I drive on the freeway weekly.

Thanks you for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

skyshadow07

On a mission to get below 4000lbs
Reaction score
Ran a Duraflex GT500 hood on my SHO for over 3yr. My car was mostly garage kept. I had no real issues aside from the engine would get dirty and parts under the hood would rust from rain water. You do have to hood pin it. I would suggest a more modern flush mount hood pin design. If you have never mounted hood pins, watch a tutorial. I used the grease method to locate the pin on the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masscounsel

Members online

Back