'91 sho bumper liners

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score
Hello all; It's time to fix my cracking bumper liners. I need help to indentify which plastic liners match the sho.
I am under the impression that the sho has the same liner as a slo it's just the cover is different for the sho??? I also have heard that the merc. sable is the same liner also but I don't know the correct model. I also have heard that a model of the sable shares the same front bumper liner??? can anyone set me straight on this issue? these liners are responsible for the correct fit of the bumpers to the body. I am prepared to remove the liners from a donor car and install them on my sho cover(s) and try to reinforce the plastic. an aftermarket hard rubber replacement would be a welcome upgrade. over the years it seems that a lot of drivers can't seem to keep their vehicles off of the sho bumpers and why ford made these liners out of plastic is a mystery to me.
Thanks,
Joe

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
The regular Taurus doesn't have a cover. It's just the bumper. The SHO inner bumper is the regular Taurus bumper cut to fit inside the SHO cover. All you need to do is find a regular Taurus that also has the side turning lights. Then use your old inner bumper as a guide for where to trim.

-Chad

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score
The regular Taurus doesn't have a cover. It's just the bumper. The SHO inner bumper is the regular Taurus bumper cut to fit inside the SHO cover. All you need to do is find a regular Taurus that also has the side turning lights. Then use your old inner bumper as a guide for where to trim.

-Chad
Thanks Chad. I will find the slo front bumper and adapt it. What about the rear?? my covers are in very good shape it's just the plastic liner that is dried out and very brittle and it can't take all of those little taps.
Thanks again,
Joe

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Thanks Chad. I will find the slo front bumper and adapt it. What about the rear?? my covers are in very good shape it's just the plastic liner that is dried out and very brittle and it can't take all of those little taps.
Thanks again,
Joe
Same with the rear. It's a regular Taurus bumper trimmed to fit under the SHO cover. New ones are available still but they are expensive.

-Chad

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score
Same with the rear. It's a regular Taurus bumper trimmed to fit under the SHO cover. New ones are available still but they are expensive.

-Chad
The rear bumper from a '92 slo looks very similar to the '91. Will my '91 sho cover fit over the '92?
thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoTimeSleeper

Members online