Will h&r springs work with megan coilover struts?

VwCSilent

Reaction score
I did search but did not see an answer. I have Megan coilovers and they're not working out.

I commute to DC and the roads in the city are not good. Even adjusted as high as I can get the car I still scrape all over town. My question is can I buy the h&r springs and just replace the springs on the struts or are they a different diameter?

For context its a 15 sho non pp. I do not have the stock struts or mounts. They were worn out that's why I replaced with the coilovers. I like everything else about them just not great in DC.

MR-CDK-FT10-EZII is the Megan #

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
no they will not. They use a custom spec offering for their perch. The H&R springs are designed for MacPherson strut mounts.

It sounds like you are bound by the physical height limitation from the coilover itself. Best bet honestly would be to pick up some new PP spec shocks and struts, you can get them on RockAuto for around $88 each last I checked, and then get the H&R springs and oem strut mounts and then sell the coilovers if you're having that much trouble with commuting. That or call Megan and see if they can spec you a taller spring that will still work.

VwCSilent

Reaction score
Just a follow up. I got new struts, mounts, and hr springs. When I took the coilovers out, the bearings in the mounts poured out all over the floor. They had 30-40k miles on them.

The only hiccup I ran into was the new struts did not come with a top nut. Coilovers had a different size on it. I couldn't find the spec for the nut to save my life. It's m14 2.0. Ordering some from the local dealership was $17 for a pack of 4. Home Depot had a bag of 3 for like $4. The new mounts did not come with nuts either but I was able to get those at AutoZone.

Does anyone know the torque spec for the top nut? I found the one for the mount but not that one. I ended up torquing them to 60 but given the size of the threads/nut I suspect it may be higher.

I still need to do the alignment but it's immediately better for my use case. The car is much more comfortable.

Thanks again for the advice.

jdarq0h

Reaction score
no they will not. They use a custom spec offering for their perch. The H&R springs are designed for MacPherson strut mounts.

It sounds like you are bound by the physical height limitation from the coilover itself. Best bet honestly would be to pick up some new PP spec shocks and struts, you can get them on RockAuto for around $88 each last I checked, and then get the H&R springs and oem strut mounts and then sell the coilovers if you're having that much trouble with commuting. That or call Megan and see if they can spec you a taller spring that will still work.
what is PP ? is that pursuit package? i have a 2017 and am wanting some better suspension

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
what is PP ? is that pursuit package? i have a 2017 and am wanting some better suspension
Performance Package. First post in that thread spells it out.

jdarq0h

Reaction score

i got the thread now.. thanks for the help.. i am a bit dense today.. lol

jdarq0h

Reaction score

jeezis.. your car looks incredible.. great work man.. love the euro style bbs wheels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShoTimeSleeper

Members online