Twin turbo 99 V8 SHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSIL1

Mainlining
Reaction score
SO here it is a Black 1999 Twin turboed SHO. Location Arizona. My best friend lives in Scotsdale, AZ. He was drivng and saw a SHO talked to the guy who owned it, name was scott, and got a chance to look under the hoood. TWIN garret T4 43mm turbo setup. One turbo was infront of where the stock airbox is the second was on the otherside a little bit behind the radiator and far down. Guy said he had a burnt chip, dry sump oil, upgraded fuel delivery, upgraded ignition, dual wastegates for the turbos, claimed 575 FWHP, 16.5 lbs of boost. 20in rims (don't know how they fit but that is the size the tire read). any one want to replicate this?

wuzzzer

MN Moderator
Staff member
Club Mod
Reaction score
I've seen a pic of 20s on a Gen 3 and to me they looked really stupid.

Why isn't the guy a member of SHOForum??

DavidT

SHO Member
Reaction score
has Toolman found his match? :dribble:
NOW you v6 owners can be jealous :snicker:
All i have to say is:
:eek:

Chris Benvie

Every so often
Reaction score
There has been a myth about this car, circulating the forums for years.

Maybe it does exist. Highly doubtful, but maybe.

PROPHET

Reaction score
I should have added this to your question of anyone want to replicate this?

Maybe not replicate but most certainly everyone here wants to authenticate this. ;)

JSIL1

Mainlining
Reaction score
PROPHET said:
I should have added this to your question of anyone want to replicate this?

Maybe not replicate but most certainly everyone here wants to authenticate this. ;)

I am not being rude but to all of you nay sayers i tell you this; if my best friend told me that he saw it and talked to the guy i would not think he was lying to me for a second. I have already talked to him and he will be out on the prowl looking for the guy again to take some photos. And I agree why is he not part of the board?

I did think that 20's would have looked awful also

wild01ride

Back in time...
Reaction score
Ooooo......SHOForum urban legend! :eek:

Does the plate read DESPRDO?!

"Just when it was about to emerge from the shadows, the shadows would move forward..."

SHOguy 92

Reaction score
So it's over 600 flywheel hp on a bone stock 3.4L:rolleyes: If not where's the pistons from, I didn't think there were aftermarket Gen 3 pistons?

Hack

Reaction score
SHOguy 92 said:
So it's over 600 flywheel hp on a bone stock 3.4L:rolleyes: If not where's the pistons from, I didn't think there were aftermarket Gen 3 pistons?

You can order custom built pistons for any application from any major piston company.

Wess

Jarhead
Reaction score
wild01ride said:
Ooooo......SHOForum urban legend! :eek:

Does the plate read DESPRDO?!

"Just when it was about to emerge from the shadows, the shadows would move forward..."

I thought I saw that SHO once on the highway. I was traveling late one night when something SHO-like blew by me like a bat out of ****. I heard the roar of the engine and the hissing of turbos. Before I could get a better look, I suddenly found myself in the midst of a patch of fog. When I came out of the fog, the road ahead was clear for miles, no sign of it. Then the aliens showed up in a Ford Probe, but that's another story! :D

Just kidding! I believe you man!

JSIL1

Mainlining
Reaction score
That is funny seeing as though you are in Maryland. But hey if he was going as fast as you claim than he might be to Arizona by now wouldn't you agree? Listen all I am saying is that this is what my best friend told me. I myself and hoping he runs into the guy again so i can get you all , and myself, some photos so a face can be given to this unknown beast. All I can say is that My friend doesn't lie.

MO-KAN SHO

Reaction score
wuzzzer said:
I've seen a pic of 20s on a Gen 3 and to me they looked really stupid.

Why isn't the guy a member of SHOForum??

Who says he's not a member? Maybe he just doesn't like to broadcast what he's got. Keep it a sleeper even to other SHOwners???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026

Members online