Tune options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
The real reason we dont tally the issues is because GH and others(ajp,livernois,unleashed,mpt, you name it) mask the problems. It has +2.65 LTFT... thats normal just let it go... which usually turns i to +3 +4 and so on.. you have a leak or something but instead the issue is pushed away and marked as normal. I have 3 cars that I work on regularly that have Ortiz, Livernois and GH tunes .. they have come toe and said hey I have x FT's what could this be and its usually something little. Having been a primarily Ford tech for 20+ years I have a lot of faithful customers and just like with each and everyone in here have jad issues with simething or another. You cant make everyone happy and you cant fix every problem. For every customer thst hates you 15 will love you and hopefully more but you get the point.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

SHOthyme

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yet he came here and started drama. Everyone here is fine chiming in for their tuners most of the time it never comes to this. We all know the truth and I will post it as I have before.

View attachment 84847

That's it, we ARE racing, ha! :cool:

But seriously, you should come up here, (in a terrible game of thrones accent) BOOST WEATHER IS COMING!!!

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Between Luis and Billy we push out close to 60-70 tuning tickets a day, but get 100-120 a day. Trust me if we could get out hourly revisions we would, but we don't just support the SHO world, and 90% of our business is definitely in the Mustang world. The ticket system is very standard for high volume tuners, and our 2-3 day backlog is vastly ahead of the curve for others in the industry, most Mustang tuners are waiting a week for a revision if they even send a revision at all.

I'm always available for any customer experience feedback and help. I only sleep 3-4 hours a night, and answer messages and emails as soon as I see them, but when people say they hear all these Ortiz horror stories, it truly is news to me. I don't shrug off issues, and I strive for as close to a 100% customer satisfaction point as it humanly possible, but I can't address what I don't know.

Everyone says for tuning issues to go straight to the horses mouth, unless it's Ortiz and then discussions take place in the shadows as people try to just convert them to another tuner as we see here, and most of the time the issues persist despite the tuner change. I find it comical that we notify a customer of a potential mechanical issue, and instead of addressing the issue they go to a competitor who just sells them a tune instead of investigating the issue and then the customer has two tunes with the same issue. Are we perfect? Far from it. Are we human? Sure are.

If we spent even half the time trying to build people up as much as we do tearing them down, we would all improve instead of being stuck in a toxic scenario like this one.
So why does Ortiz deny responsibility for making changes to the manual function of the car saying I was in full control? In my email responses in August when I first tried your tunes it started the downshifting on its own thing…….and even in October I was happy to find it wasn’t doing that anymore ….if you go back and look I did 2 revisions before the “Luis is gonna try something” revision in 3rd gear manual and it held 3rd both times. Then on the New Ortiz E30 “try something” it now downshifts on its own. Why does Ortiz Deny tuning changes to manual mode? So how was I in full control????????? 2010-2012 is M and it’s 100% full control it will not downshift or upshift without driver control of the paddles……in S mode in a 2013 I believe it’ll upshift on its own? Well Some if Luis’ tunes changed full control of M mode to automatically downshift……why????????????????????????!!!!!!!

Also he changed engine speed limit to 8k…..why????????????? Why didn’t he tell me he did that??????????? Before I took my car out??????????? And after he sent me a tune with that M downshift change?????????? I mean it’s the perfect (accident) or intentional? Why am I getting 2013+ S manual changes modified in a 2010 tune?? Attention to detail. I have a 2010! Stop making downshift on its own……attention to detail! Lack of communication……..he doesn’t tell me any of this………lack of trust……. I trusted him.

So it’s a joke of Ortiz to now say ….imma put it in here manual mode and spin the motor to the moon??? Lmao?????? This is funny to you?????

******* tune and could have cost me my motor and this is amusing to Ortiz?????????

After I ran your tunes in august and couldn’t even do a full multi gear WOT pull…after several attempts I went off to run 3 11.0’s and set a new Record. That must sting bc it could have been Ortiz tuning that run but Luis couldn’t deliver an even halfway decent running tune.

After the 8k rpm thing I still ran 2 more revisions and it was the same story….problematic is an understatement. Then I went off to run an 11.28 on the street with no nitrous with Dragy then an 11.19 with nitrous on the street. That’s gotta sting! Both times I tried your tunes and after they failed I went on to make records and personal bests with THE SAME PARTS just a DIFFERENT TUNE!

Why did you attack Keith????? Who do you think he needs permission from to share my log???? From ME!!!!!!!!! Not from YOU!!!!!!!!!! But wait….you then sent him an official attorney at law letter…..why?????????????

The drama and BS is from Ortiz. And it gets worse when ppl speak out about Ortiz by Ortiz.

D336E1D3 941B 4B7A A119 DF298D32E6F0
Back in August……hey…hello? Can you guys read????? This says it all Lee 8BE0F2CF 1881 4BE1 8427 D4C408E32A0C
Feels like an idiot for trying it! But wait he never did anything wrong though? Where is the integrity and where is the decency, fast forward attacking Kieth and talking smack to me trying to blame me?????

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
So why does Ortiz deny responsibility for making changes to the manual function of the car saying I was in full control? In my email responses in August when I first tried your tunes it started the downshifting on its own thing…….and even in October I was happy to find it wasn’t doing that anymore ….if you go back and look I did 2 revisions before the “Luis is gonna try something” revision in 3rd gear manual and it held 3rd both times. Then on the New Ortiz E30 “try something” it now downshifts on its own. Why does Ortiz Deny tuning changes to manual mode? So how was I in full control????????? 2010-2012 is M and it’s 100% full control it will not downshift or upshift without driver control of the paddles……in S mode in a 2013 I believe it’ll upshift on its own? Well Some if Luis’ tunes changed full control of M mode to automatically downshift……why????????????????????????!!!!!!!

Also he changed engine speed limit to 8k…..why????????????? Why didn’t he tell me he did that??????????? Before I took my car out??????????? And after he sent me a tune with that M downshift change?????????? I mean it’s the perfect (accident) or intentional? Why am I getting 2013+ S manual changes modified in a 2010 tune?? Attention to detail. I have a 2010! Stop making downshift on its own……attention to detail! Lack of communication……..he doesn’t tell me any of this………lack of trust……. I trusted him.

So it’s a joke of Ortiz to now say ….imma put it in here manual mode and spin the motor to the moon??? Lmao?????? This is funny to you?????

******* tune and could have cost me my motor and this is amusing to Ortiz?????????

After I ran your tunes in august and couldn’t even do a full multi gear WOT pull…after several attempts I went off to run 3 11.0’s and set a new Record. That must sting bc it could have been Ortiz tuning that run but Luis couldn’t deliver an even halfway decent running tune.

After the 8k rpm thing I still ran 2 more revisions and it was the same story….problematic is an understatement. Then I went off to run an 11.28 on the street with no nitrous with Dragy then an 11.19 with nitrous on the street. That’s gotta sting! Both times I tried your tunes and after they failed I went on to make records and personal bests with THE SAME PARTS just a DIFFERENT TUNE!

Why did you attack Keith????? Who do you think he needs permission from to share my log???? From ME!!!!!!!!! Not from YOU!!!!!!!!!! But wait….you then sent him an official attorney at law letter…..why?????????????

The drama and BS is from Ortiz. And it gets worse when ppl speak out about Ortiz by Ortiz.

View attachment 84848
Back in August……hey…hello? Can you guys read????? This says it all Lee View attachment 84849
Feels like an idiot for trying it! But wait he never did anything wrong though? Where is the integrity and where is the decency, fast forward attacking Kieth and talking smack to me trying to blame me?????

Not sure where you interpreted any of that or our dealing as laughable or funny. Luis didn't change or disable the shift strategy, he changed the engine speed limiter by 500 rpm because the car kept limiting throttle and giving a "engine speed max rpm" torque source code so he changed it to see if it was bugged. I've looked at your tune file and no changes were made to the M shift controlling, the way it is on your tune is how it is setup by SCT. Perhaps Brad makes the changes you are seeing on his tune himself, but that's left as it is by SCT's value files as far as downshifting. The only error came from not explicitly telling you to stay in Drive.

The issue from Keith came from him as a non-tuning customer deciding to blast online that we are a reckless tuner due to a single incident and trying to pass off that every tune is done that way. I've said from the beginning if you had posted your experience first hand the outcome would have been very difference. His comments were seen by the legal team as defamation and slander, so they took appropriate action. If I was trying to hide shady business practices, I wouldn't have a thread on my own sub-Forum with negative reviews about us, I wouldn't allow Google Reviews and Facebook Recommendations, I would shut all that off like other companies do when they have something to hide.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our tuning practices come from the Mustang world, we don't believe in conventional "Set it and forget it" tuning and our tunes are made to highlight issues with vehicles and we work with the customer to mitigate those issues for the improvement of their driving experience. Boosted cars are going to have leaks, most customers don't know they have them and with "set it and forget it" tunes you may never know you have a problem. Can their be other factors that attribute to fuel trim issues? Sure, but 99% of the time its due to boost leaks which skew the fuel demand tables and dump fuel, putting a bigger strain on the fuel system and leading to the fuel pressure drops many customers have seen. Switching tuners is rarely the solution, as many customers have switched to a competitor and still have the same issue despite switching to a miracle tune.

You know where I am, and I'm always available to discuss anything you have to say, but these attempts to drive customers away because of a miscommunication during the tuning process aren't helping anyway. It really doesn't sting that you went faster on the AJP tune that you've been working with him on for 5 years compared to the tune you did 5 revisions with us on in a few weeks. You have a much longer history with Brad, and I respect that. You were frustrated at not getting 10s, and we offered to give it a shot. It didn't work out, but that happens every day in our world. Every tuner has their strengths and weaknesses, but communication goes a long way and we constantly learning and evolving our practices.

Ollie5002

Reaction score

View attachment 84848
Back in August……hey…hello? Can you guys read????? This says it all Lee View attachment 84849
I proved you were an idiot in my car a few weeks ago, using manual mode and you blocked me so that it didnt get out the cocaine has went to your brain.. you said and I quote "Brad has me do 3rd gear pulls and I put it in 3rd gear and go and it downshifted" so either you dont have a clue or you are lying... which is it.. most tuners add pressure to the solenoids to help hold the higher power and also a more firm shift.. but you didnt say anything about it until it supposed went to 8k on a downshift...if the car is in 3rd gear it doesnt downshift unless you hit the left paddle... should I make a video on that too.. when is your birthday I have a band new pack of razors for you..

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Exactly my point. You guys don’t have anything to combat the actual issue with the tune other than to play story time about a guy named Andrew that didn’t know how to drive. This is exactly why everyone should not bother with Ortiz trash tunes. Crappy tunes are one thing but bad ppl to boot? Not going to do it for me BRO!

There isn’t one person on this forum that believes I don’t know how to drive an automatic or how to data log. Horrible attempt at vindication, more like you just solidified how horrible Ortiz Performance is as a company.

It’s your reputation you’re ruining, not mine.

Brandon you already know what I think of you so I won’t keep that going here. And I’ve already outlined your entire game, Ortiz Rules! Got it. Hahaha
6016BEA1 4B8C 497E 9EAF F130BBA6ABD1

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Not sure where you interpreted any of that or our dealing as laughable or funny. Luis didn't change or disable the shift strategy, he changed the engine speed limiter by 500 rpm because the car kept limiting throttle and giving a "engine speed max rpm" torque source code so he changed it to see if it was bugged. I've looked at your tune file and no changes were made to the M shift controlling, the way it is on your tune is how it is setup by SCT. Perhaps Brad makes the changes you are seeing on his tune himself, but that's left as it is by SCT's value files as far as downshifting. The only error came from not explicitly telling you to stay in Drive.

The issue from Keith came from him as a non-tuning customer deciding to blast online that we are a reckless tuner due to a single incident and trying to pass off that every tune is done that way. I've said from the beginning if you had posted your experience first hand the outcome would have been very difference. His comments were seen by the legal team as defamation and slander, so they took appropriate action. If I was trying to hide shady business practices, I wouldn't have a thread on my own sub-Forum with negative reviews about us, I wouldn't allow Google Reviews and Facebook Recommendations, I would shut all that off like other companies do when they have something to hide.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our tuning practices come from the Mustang world, we don't believe in conventional "Set it and forget it" tuning and our tunes are made to highlight issues with vehicles and we work with the customer to mitigate those issues for the improvement of their driving experience. Boosted cars are going to have leaks, most customers don't know they have them and with "set it and forget it" tunes you may never know you have a problem. Can their be other factors that attribute to fuel trim issues? Sure, but 99% of the time its due to boost leaks which skew the fuel demand tables and dump fuel, putting a bigger strain on the fuel system and leading to the fuel pressure drops many customers have seen. Switching tuners is rarely the solution, as many customers have switched to a competitor and still have the same issue despite switching to a miracle tune.

You know where I am, and I'm always available to discuss anything you have to say, but these attempts to drive customers away because of a miscommunication during the tuning process aren't helping anyway. It really doesn't sting that you went faster on the AJP tune that you've been working with him on for 5 years compared to the tune you did 5 revisions with us on in a few weeks. You have a much longer history with Brad, and I respect that. You were frustrated at not getting 10s, and we offered to give it a shot. It didn't work out, but that happens every day in our world. Every tuner has their strengths and weaknesses, but communication goes a long way and we constantly learning and evolving our practices.
44911BFD D7AE 4596 ADDA 7C6ED1FEA0C9
And you say he didn’t change anything…..

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
The jig is up. I was half hoping you would finally just apologize publicly instead of only in private, and admit you had no grounds to go after Keith for sharing a real data log. It’s the fact that Luis, in control of making changes to a customer’s car, would blindly increase engine speed limit to 8k in a blind attempt to mask the issue of the throttle closing, which by default is closing bc of what he’s already changed about the tune….so he’s literally chasing his own a$$, taking guesses with a customer’s car. If anything ppl should realize if they were this reckless with me…….why would they do right by you?????

Go back to the Mustang world. You don’t belong in the EcoBoost world. Hard truth.

I actually feel like it’s my duty to show ppl the truth and steer them away. Theres a saying that any publicity is good publicity, no, for you bad publicity is just bad publicity.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
The jig is up. I was half hoping you would finally just apologize publicly instead of only in private, and admit you had no grounds to go after Keith for sharing a real data log. It’s the fact that Luis, in control of making changes to a customer’s car, would blindly increase engine speed limit to 8k in a blind attempt to mask the issue of the throttle closing, which by default is closing bc of what he’s already changed about the tune….so he’s literally chasing his own a$$, taking guesses with a customer’s car. If anything ppl should realize if they were this reckless with me…….why would they do right by you?????

Go back to the Mustang world. You don’t belong in the EcoBoost world. Hard truth.

I actually feel like it’s my duty to show ppl the truth and steer them away. Theres a saying that any publicity is good publicity, no, for you bad publicity is just bad publicity.
Weird I must not have the same car as you... because mine still shifts... only when I shoft it.. right you do have a 2010-2012 or did you switch that up too?

DadMobile

Worlds 3rd least slowest Ecoboost SHO
Reaction score

Negative ghost rider. I mentioned in a post when comparing best tuners an example of why Ortiz wasn’t. I cited Andrew’s car since it seems logical Ortiz couldn’t be best if Andrew couldn’t make a full pass with Ortiz but then set the record with AJP. He then went back to not making a full pass with Ortiz. You lied about it as Andrew pointed out then went out of your way to attack my character in an unrelated methanol post in this forum.

That’s when I made the video showing you lied. Suddenly you remember what I’m talking about.

I don’t see why you couldn’t have explained what happened when I initially brought it up.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. I mentioned in a post when comparing best tuners an example of why Ortiz wasn’t. I cited Andrew’s car since it seems logical Ortiz couldn’t be best if Andrew couldn’t make a full pass with Ortiz but then set the record with AJP. He then went back to not making a full pass with Ortiz. You lied about it as Andrew pointed out then went out of your way to attack my character in an unrelated methanol post in this forum.

That’s when I made the video showing you lied. Suddenly you remember what I’m talking about.

I don’t see why you couldn’t have explained what happened when I initially brought it up.
So do you have first hand experience or not... because of not then you are not able to be considered a first hand experienced customer. It would be like me saying ajp shifts are poor and his tuning ability on the SHO is reckless... I don't have first hamd knowledge to say that... but I do have first hand knowledge on him not answering my email when I asked about dw 1700 injectors and if he would be willing to tune ify car was the guinea pig.. had crickets ... GH was no, Unleashed was no, and BPD had a horror story with Livernois. So I reached out to Lee and Luis and they both said we havent done them in a SHO but confident we can get it done..I sent in the strategy and everything they asked for and here we are 3 years on them but.. they couldnt figure out Andrews... weird..same car oh wait mine didnt have sata for injectors it was done from scratch...

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
I have no more control over him than other tuners have over their fanbase.
That’s a lie. I’ve been in that chat group with you and Brandon since 2019. Someone says something about Ortiz and you post it to the chat and you put a battery in Brandon’s and Tim’s back. Then they go talk $hit to the ppl complaining about Ortiz. So no BRO, you not only want him to interject, you bring it to his attention. And like a good puppy he obeys.

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Like a script to a bad movie, soon the bot accounts will come to praise Ortiz. This is when you don’t get popcorn, you change the channel. Boring.. Ortiz is reckless and has no shame and….might be one of the most expensive tunes out there. $250? Paying for ms109 fuel and getting 83 octane. I’d be seriously mad if I had paid for what I received…. One **** of a promotional tuning experience. Thanks….for less than nothing.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
Like a script to a bad movie, soon the bot accounts will come to praise Ortiz. This is when you don’t get popcorn, you change the channel. Boring.. Ortiz is reckless and has no shame and….might be one of the most expensive tunes out there. $250? Paying for ms109 fuel and getting 83 octane. I’d be seriously mad if I had paid for what I received…. One **** of a promotional tuning experience. Thanks….for less than nothing.
Oh you didnt pay... damn, according to your nut swingers you rolling in cash... you know when you wanted to buyy car you said you woud have to get a loan and now you put all this money into yours.. was that also a loan or did you settle back in dealing that "drywall dust"

Ollie5002

Reaction score
That’s a lie. I’ve been in that chat group with you and Brandon since 2019. Someone says something about Ortiz and you post it to the chat and you put a battery in Brandon’s and Tim’s back. Then they go talk $hit to the ppl complaining about Ortiz. So no BRO, you not only want him to interject, you bring it to his attention. And like a good puppy he obeys.
I find it funny that because so.eone not even Lee or Luis or Tim come to me and say look at this BS... and I am lilke well lets get pipcorn and go have some fun.. weird the same guy did thos when gh done it and also when ssi did it.. and now it appears ajp nut swingers want to try and blame the wrong people for my intel.. he enjoys reading it but stays in the background as a dude that appreciates it more than me.

Jordan_R

Stock Block Ready To Knock...er..Rock
Reaction score
Idk why Ortiz keeps trying to defend this. Just take the L and take it with stride. Improve and move on with life.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
So do you have first hand experience or not... because of not then you are not able to be considered a first hand experienced customer. It would be like me saying ajp shifts are poor and his tuning ability on the SHO is reckless... I don't have first hamd knowledge to say that... but I do have first hand knowledge on him not answering my email when I asked about dw 1700 injectors and if he would be willing to tune ify car was the guinea pig.. had crickets ... GH was no, Unleashed was no, and BPD had a horror story with Livernois. So I reached out to Lee and Luis and they both said we havent done them in a SHO but confident we can get it done..I sent in the strategy and everything they asked for and here we are 3 years on them but.. they couldnt figure out Andrews... weird..same car oh wait mine didnt have sata for injectors it was done from scratch...

They seem to not be able to figure out tunes for people who want to go fast....you can always ask Brent.......

Ollie5002

Reaction score
They seem to not be able to figure out tunes for people who want to go fast....you can always ask Brent.......
Who....... exactly...thats like aaying ask John .. being the most popular name literslly adds zero to this... something I can see and have seen is 3 people who have destroyed their cars to run a 10 more modded than any others and still no 10's umsgine using 2 power adders 2 seperate fuel sources big turbos and god knows what else and cant it a .1 out of the car.. I would quit while ahead... but hey its the battle of relevancy now huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online