Tune options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Tuning is on pause for a little…just got a extended power train warranty thru ford just so I can sleep at night….
put a 3 bar map and a 93 tune on it. Very simple to change back if you need to take it to the dealer. 6 minutes total to return to stock. One screw and a connector along with a reflash.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
If you look into a tune I would recommend Ortiz, customer service is typically done by Lee or Luis and has always been helpful(looking for common issues with the car, not just log looks good). Most of the ones who don't recommend them have never tried them and go off of others words. Look deeper into why they arent recommending them.. Ortiz and GH are the go to for these cars maybe a show of hands of how AJP are still running....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
If you look into a tune I would recommend Ortiz, customer service is typically done by Lee or Luis and has always been helpful(looking for common issues with the car, not just log looks good). Most of the ones who don't recommend them have never tried them and go off of others words. Look deeper into why they arent recommending them.. Ortiz and GH are the go to for these cars maybe a show of hands of how AJP are still running....

Lol this is funny. There is a torrent of quite a few unhappy Ortiz customers on the tune side. Luis has really showed his ass on other sites. Lee is great. GH is good, and as a AJP Turbo customer I have seen the least amount of issues with Brad's tunes. Actually, I only recommend AJP Turbo at this point.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
Lol this is funny. There is a torrent of quite a few unhappy Ortiz customers on the tune side. Luis has really showed his ass on other sites. Lee is great. GH is good, and as a AJP Turbo customer I have seen the least amount of issues with Brad's tunes. Actually, I only recommend AJP Turbo at this point.
Let me guess they comapred a base tune to a tune that is had 3000 revisions . We can go there but remember each tuner has a file and someone is always counting it.. and most of those are guranteed to be repeats because people havent tried Ortiz and just regurgitate from others for the victim mentality.. need fact checks on these like my personal favorite is they turned my cats red from being lean.. when in theiir bio it says catless downpipes.... how is that possible.. did the car get phantom cats just for the tune...?

SM105K

Reaction score
Let me guess they comapred a base tune to a tune that is had 3000 revisions . We can go there but remember each tuner has a file and someone is always counting it.. and most of those are guranteed to be repeats because people havent tried Ortiz and just regurgitate from others for the victim mentality.. need fact checks on these like my personal favorite is they turned my cats red from being lean.. when in theiir bio it says catless downpipes.... how is that possible.. did the car get phantom cats just for the tune...?

They can compare whatever they want to compare. Ortiz is going through the grinder of the SHO community right now. Just like SSI did, just like Livernois has, ect. When you have to threaten customers with letters from lawyers...you might be doing it wrong.

Ollie5002

Reaction score
They can compare whatever they want to compare. Ortiz is going through the grinder of the SHO community right now. Just like SSI did, just like Livernois has, ect. When you have to threaten customers with letters from lawyers...you might be doing it wrong.
Defending your character from someone who doesnt have first hand experience is the issue. I have first hand experience with 4 of the 6 top tuners in the SHO community and have no qualms with any of them. But, there are certain people with no experience with them first hand. Defamation of character has always been a thing but most don't go to that extreme because it is usually a little evidence-based fact behind it. Now when videos and multiple people go to full force doing it that puts easy evidence on it.. have you been an Ortiz customer.. (dont worry I know the answer) because if ao you would be in the middle. The tunes are very similar o e uses more off the go and the other uses more on the backhalf. Tunes are cheap buy them all run the one you want.. but if you come attacking one or the other you should probably have a background of both and not a biased opinion feom others which have a vendetta against Ortiz.

WhamBam

Reaction score
AJP all the way. if you need it ASAP then GH is just fine. Livernois blew my engine in the last SHO so I wouldn't recommend them. Ortiz has been taking flak lately since they screwed up 802SHO tune but I can't recall hearing anyone else with negative experience. But the numbers speak for themselves, AJP the fastest and GH is the most practical with their Auto Octane offerings.

SM105K

Reaction score
Defending your character from someone who doesnt have first hand experience is the issue. I have first hand experience with 4 of the 6 top tuners in the SHO community and have no qualms with any of them. But, there are certain people with no experience with them first hand. Defamation of character has always been a thing but most don't go to that extreme because it is usually a little evidence-based fact behind it. Now when videos and multiple people go to full force doing it that puts easy evidence on it.. have you been an Ortiz customer.. (dont worry I know the answer) because if ao you would be in the middle. The tunes are very similar o e uses more off the go and the other uses more on the backhalf. Tunes are cheap buy them all run the one you want.. but if you come attacking one or the other you should probably have a background of both and not a biased opinion feom others which have a vendetta against Ortiz.

I am not defending anyone. I have seen the dog shit Ortiz tunes on three SHO's. Two had AJP Tunes, both set the SHO records, both were given Ortiz tunes to try...and both had heaps of issues. The icing on the cake was a personal experience.
Dude here in AZ named Brent had a full FBO SHO. Exhaust, DP's, EPP intake and hard pipes, SAW intercooler, meth, nitrous, and an Otriz E30. He was blowing up FB saying we was going to be the fastest ect... I even had a deal with Lee if Brent out ran my SHO I would give Ortiz a shot at tuning my SHO. I ran him with my mods in my signature. I hooked a chain to his SHO and drug his ass down the street numerous times.

Long story short, he went to the track and only had problems with the tune. They couldnt get the nitrous to work properly (it wouldn't have mattered my car should clip a high 11 as it sat, even back then) Finally the car ran a 12.70, and he parted it out and sold it afterward.

My car went 12.56 E30 tune only (plugs, tune, 3 bar, K&N drop) with my AJPTune. I am glad his car didn't beat mine, because I am pretty sure I would have had issues just like others with Ortiz.

Lee is great, Luis' tuning on the SHO is dog shit.

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score

Show of hands still running AJP? More than happy to show you the middle finger. I got 12 revisions on my 93 and 10 for my E30, he didn't charge me more, he wanted everything perfect, and held back because he knows my engine isn't built. And when its internals are upgraded I'll get more revisions at no cost. He is only going to charge me when the new Turbos are installed. Tell me what other tuner puts in that much time for just one customer because he only wants the best. Your attempted put down backfired and obviously someone slid some dough in your pocket to even make a asinine comment like that.

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
The difference between Ortiz and AJPTurbo is that Ortiz doesn’t deserve to be worded in the same sentence or included in the same paragraph as AJPTURBO.

My car ran amazing and my car ran like shit…..that’s the difference between AJPTurbo and Ortiz on my SHO. If I wanted it to run amazing I just needed to flash my AJPTURBO tune back on……trying to work with Ortiz was making me dislike my SHO and it ran like poopoo…..my biggest concern was will I get embarrassed on the street and smoked by 14 second car?

I’m guilty of giving Ortiz not one but two separate tries …..what happened wasn’t a one tune, one try scenario. Ortiz have me I believe in the ball park of 9 revisions or so. 5 the first try and 4 the second time. August and then late October/November. Being a halfway decent human being I decided to not expose the horrible experience bc it was free. Something about negative reviews without paying for anything didn’t seem to feel right….at the time. There was a potential for my motor to give up the ghost but it didn’t…..I just walked away….

But then to attack Keith personally and then also attack me? Nah, so now we will share the logs and what happened. It’s a lot to share and go back and forth from datalog screens and iPhone screen recordings …..it really is in a big way a waste of my time…but if it helps steer ppl away….then it’s worth it.

Leading up to the 8k rpm file ….I was told Luis is gonna try something after lunch…..B84E043D E948 4C94 A453 62268B74B278

So when I take the time to make my Ortiz Performance review I’ll show datalogs and conversations to show what happened with me and my car. And then talk more about attacking Keith 265A9B45 8FDF 4B10 A758 A356E7F2C80480CDF5D3 0E65 4E89 8808 DD7011B37CD9
And then attacking me saying I was in full control (even though I wasn’t. I had numerous issues with my M manual mode downshifting ON ITS OWN) and saying something about I don’t know how to log? Forgive me I was extremely insulted for them to say it was my driving…..that I swear like a sailor. 048C6FE7 FB38 4EBE 8AD6 CD05477F0DDCBD4A7C78 4D95 4BCC B1B5 B3C4A19FEAC0CEA84AA6 20F0 44D7 94D2 764A9FC65F4B

Stay tuned for the video and please, if you’re Ortiz tuned…….if you’re just a tune only you might be okay, more than likely slower than other tune only SHO’s, and if you go FBO they will not be able to support your desired performance (the logical expected result of your upgraded part purchases) And on top of that, do you want to have to wait in a ticket system like you’re at the DMV? Make you think they’re so busy and so many customers are waiting in the queue??? And then if you have an issue they will lie and attempt to make you look foolish?

No! You want a company that you can trust, not only with your car but with the truth of what happens if you run into a tuning issue…..bc we all make mistakes sometimes….but they’d rather lie to cover it up??? That’s a big NO for me BRO! So now you know in the end….it’s a dead end! If I was Ortiz tuned reading this I would drop them immediately and go with AJPTURBO ([email protected]) email or GearHead (ghtuning.com) website.

SM105K

Reaction score
Brandon, you will see that AJPTurbo is highly regarded here. Your comment about how many AJP tuned cars is completely ignorant. I can only think of one engine that was blown up on a Brad tune. That was Jordan's max effort build and everyone knows Jordan didn't care if it blew.

I see weekly about Ortiz cars problems. **** there is a thread on this forum about numerous people giving honest feedback about their experience with Ortiz. Most in that thread aren't good. Luis is always blaming the car, or a boost leak, or everything except his tuning ability. I feel bad for Lee, dude has to carry a fire extinguisher everywhere he goes to put out Luis' fires. Also find me anywhere where Brad has responded (public or private) and personally attacked and insulted someone that has used one of his tunes. I'll wait.

I have never seen a thread on here, the other fourm, or FB for that matter about AJP Turbo issues. About the only problem people have with Brad are actually getting him to give them a tune because he doesn't respond quickly to new tune requests.

Brandon, mark my words. Get that Ortiz trash out of your car and let Brad tune it. Bet you will go faster and your SHO will be safer.

Last edited:

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
That movie Billy Maddison with Adam Sandler. That kid in school saying “O’ Doyle Rules”! That’s Brandon saying “Ortiz Rules”. Doesn’t matter if they are in the wrong or if it makes any sense. When you speak out about Ortiz…..you will soon meet Brandon…as their Nintendo Level 1 Boss to defeat….which is only laughable! Anyone can go back and look up Ortiz on here of FB and you’ll find Ollie or Brandon….as your main opponent hahahahahaha

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
This is like the great and powerful OZ. Once we pull back the curtain on Ollie do we find Luis?
AJP 60k tuned 100k on the car. Only smile's and the last 40k 500 whp and a mountain of time's down the track.

Brandon is definitely not Luis. He's just a passionate customer tired of the drama and toxicity of tuner wars.

SHOthyme

SHO Member
Reaction score
Brandon, you will see that AJPTurbo is highly regarded here. Your comment about how many AJP tuned cars is completely ignorant. I can only think of one engine that was blown up on a Brad tune. That was Jordan's max effort build and everyone knows Jordan didn't care if it blew.

I see weekly about Ortiz cars problems. **** there is a thread on this forum about numerous people giving honest feedback about their experience with Ortiz. Most in that thread aren't good. Luis is always blaming the car, or a boost leak, or everything except his tuning ability. I feel bad for Lee, dude has to carry a fire extinguisher everywhere he goes to put out Luis' fires. Also find me anywhere where Brad has responded (public or private) and personally attacked and insulted someone that has used one of his tunes. I'll wait.

I have never seen a thread on here, the other fourm, or FB for that matter about AJP Turbo issues. About the only problem people have with Brad are actually getting him to give them a tune because he doesn't respond quickly to new tune requests.

Brandon, mark my words. Get that Ortiz trash out of your car and let Brad tune it. Bet you will go faster and your SHO will be safer.

This is what he is referring to, Lee is awesome, I love the transparency:

No shade, as the kids say, just the facts:

I also tried their tune and after hot pipes (and a smoke test) I was told I had the same issues as @ridered74 (boost leak/fuel trims), the shifting still concerned me (especially the violent downshifts), so I loaded my GH e30 tune back on went to the track and finally got my 11's at full weight. :shrug:
For the record, I'm still glad I did the hot pipes, every little bit helped get to that 11's run.

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
Stay tuned for the video and please, if you’re Ortiz tuned…….if you’re just a tune only you might be okay, more than likely slower than other tune only SHO’s, and if you go FBO they will not be able to support your desired performance (the logical expected result of your upgraded part purchases) And on top of that, do you want to have to wait in a ticket system like you’re at the DMV? Make you think they’re so busy and so many customers are waiting in the queue??? And then if you have an issue they will lie and attempt to make you look foolish?
Between Luis and Billy we push out close to 60-70 tuning tickets a day, but get 100-120 a day. Trust me if we could get out hourly revisions we would, but we don't just support the SHO world, and 90% of our business is definitely in the Mustang world. The ticket system is very standard for high volume tuners, and our 2-3 day backlog is vastly ahead of the curve for others in the industry, most Mustang tuners are waiting a week for a revision if they even send a revision at all.

I'm always available for any customer experience feedback and help. I only sleep 3-4 hours a night, and answer messages and emails as soon as I see them, but when people say they hear all these Ortiz horror stories, it truly is news to me. I don't shrug off issues, and I strive for as close to a 100% customer satisfaction point as it humanly possible, but I can't address what I don't know.

Everyone says for tuning issues to go straight to the horses mouth, unless it's Ortiz and then discussions take place in the shadows as people try to just convert them to another tuner as we see here, and most of the time the issues persist despite the tuner change. I find it comical that we notify a customer of a potential mechanical issue, and instead of addressing the issue they go to a competitor who just sells them a tune instead of investigating the issue and then the customer has two tunes with the same issue. Are we perfect? Far from it. Are we human? Sure are.

If we spent even half the time trying to build people up as much as we do tearing them down, we would all improve instead of being stuck in a toxic scenario like this one.

SM105K

Reaction score
Brandon is definitely not Luis. He's just a passionate customer tired of the drama and toxicity of tuner wars.

Yet he came here and started drama. Everyone here is fine chiming in for their tuners most of the time it never comes to this. We all know the truth and I will post it as I have before.

Screenshot 20200930 232432 DuckDuckGo

Ollie5002

Reaction score
People think I am Luis negative. I have had the experience of having 4 tuners and would recommend 3 of them gor different reasosn I get tired of the regurgitated BS from people like Keith, Jordan. John, Scott, And a few others who have no actual experience with the Ortiz tunes just jump on at this moment Andrews back which we have seen in other places can't handle it and he leaves. you guys are so easily triggered that you blocked me and blamed it on a fake name. Which just pushes me more to put you all on my back and show that you can't bother me.. I did this same thing with SSI and shawn and his minions tried everyrhing yet I still got to him and had SCT at his door literally nothing you can do. Now on with the show. Ortiz ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online