Traction Concepts LSD Conversion Kit

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yes I've seen it. I just reviewed it again. Incredibly good write-up. Now after looking at the pictures you provided. I'm only missing the ring gear tooth count. So far everything is matching up with the numbers I got. That's the problem the math result doesn't seems to be quite right. I will play with the potential numbers of the ring gear in till I get confirmation on their actual count. Do you mind if I provide a link to your write-up for those curious about the intricacies of the PTU? I think it would make a nice addition to what I've written. It's a case of describing how the drivetrain works as a system. I think adding information about the rear differential and viscous clutch would be a good addition as well. Need to explain how the pulse-width modulation on the clutch works.
I'm also curious as to what that 30% torque split means. I'm kind of suspecting that it is a 30% duty cycle oh, but I could be wrong.
Yeah go ahead I don't mind you adding the link wherever. I've been updating that particular one the last week or so and its unfinished. You'll see changes to it within the next few weeks.

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yes I've seen it. I just reviewed it again. Incredibly good write-up. Now after looking at the pictures you provided. I'm only missing the ring gear tooth count. So far everything is matching up with the numbers I got. That's the problem the math result doesn't seems to be quite right. I will play with the potential numbers of the ring gear in till I get confirmation on their actual count. Do you mind if I provide a link to your write-up for those curious about the intricacies of the PTU? I think it would make a nice addition to what I've written. It's a case of describing how the drivetrain works as a system. I think adding information about the rear differential and viscous clutch would be a good addition as well. Need to explain how the pulse-width modulation on the clutch works.
I'm also curious as to what that 30% torque split means. I'm kind of suspecting that it is a 30% duty cycle oh, but I could be wrong.
You need the ring gear of the front diff or the PTU ring gear? I didn't get a tooth count of the internals, unfortunately.

Bluezone

Tailgaters will be prosecuted.
Reaction score
Time to party! I reattached the ring gear in a vice and at 55 ft/lbs. did 50ft bounds for bearing carrier. View attachment 83951View attachment 83952View attachment 83953View attachment 83954
Now it’s time to party! Just need some new gasket maker and it goes back in…finally! New output shaft seals while I was at it! View attachment 83955View attachment 83956View attachment 83957
Cool. I was just about to message you asking how the rear diff was going. LOL

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Tripped across this.
Just saw your post, but the High Energy stuff is another word for OEM replacement.

dillrepair

Reaction score
Hopefully someone hadn’t already asked this and I just missed it but how long overall would you say it takes to pull the assembly and put it all back together any special tools/shimming/measurements required? I can spin the gears on my large wood lathe I think with the chuck I have to properly/carefully flatten things and if not I know a few with metal lathes. For 350 this seems like a damn good bang for the buck upgrade that makes my car better in winter regardless and since I need to pull shit apart for the direct meth kit anyway… might as well pull a lot apart and use the down time time wisely

dillrepair

Reaction score
Hopefully someone hadn’t already asked this and I just missed it but how long overall would you say it takes to pull the assembly and put it all back together any special tools/shimming/measurements required? I can spin the gears on my large wood lathe I think with the chuck I have to properly/carefully flatten things and if not I know a few with metal lathes. For 350 this seems like a damn good bang for the buck upgrade that makes my car better in winter regardless and since I need to pull shit apart for the direct meth kit anyway… might as well pull a lot apart and use the down time time wisely
If only I could do an intercooler too…

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Once you have the transmission out? I’d give yourself a couple days. Opening it doesn’t take too long but you’ll want to take your time machining and cleaning everything. And if you have it open you might as well change the trans filter. Then a good half a day for the new gasket maker to cure up a bit before putting it back in the car, I’d wait another half a day before adding fluid in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philbanks

Members online