Sunroof issues

Roderick2411

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a 2016 SHO purchased a several years back. Just recently I noticed that when I turned my left food would get wet. Like water was coming in and drops would come out under pillar post. Didn't think too much of it. Never had water on floor mat or anything then that changed and after decent rain had puddle under steering wheel on floor mat. Which is all weather so water proof but annoyed me. So looked on forums and saw that could be cowl clogged. So had my bf clean out those and they were nasty. He didn't replace rubber so want to see if that could cause any issues as well if y'all know. Idk why it would but not sure why he didn't put back. So continued to have water coming in same spot. Windshield seems ok and my car does have sunroof. Well as it turns out another rain my headliner was wet on driver side. So he blew out the drains. Only front ones said he can't find rear ones. Yesterday had water dripping in from little vent directly over drivers side head but headliner wasn't wet. Today we have had yet more rain headliner soaked and water coming in around my and through my lights on top of headliner by windshield. Now we checked to ensure drains were working poured water on both sides and both sides drained out under car. Any thoughts. My driveway slightly inclined and I park with nose up. Backed in today. But can't figure out if back drains were full why wouldn't have water elsewhere. I'm clueless. Hate to take to the dealer the guys here are the worst. Car is paid for and I'm ready to silicone the entire damn thing closed. I rarely use it. Just couple times in 3+ years I've had car. Car has 65k miles on it. Any thoughts? And why would blowing out front drains make leak worse in other areas and make headliner wet from sunroof to overhead console lights? Any help would be so appreciated. My boyfriend not a mechanic or Ford fan so I get grief each time he has to do anything to car.

Attachments

• PXL_20210806_181304701.jpg
    PXL_20210806_181304701.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9

Majestic

SHO Member
Reaction score
Have him run some edge trimmer line down the drains and then spray a little WD40 down the lines.

Roderick2411

Reaction score
Have him run some edge trimmer line down the drains and then spray a little WD40 down the lines.
Ok he didn't do wd40 but we verified front ones clear. Where are back drains? Not sure if them being clogged could cause overflow at front in different place or not. I'm just not sure how leak has moved after cleaning front drains.

Majestic

SHO Member
Reaction score
I've never had to do anything to any drain lines other than the front ones.

joseph mcneal

Reaction score
If you get in the trunk and take off the side carpet pieces you will see the drain tubes on Both sides. they can pop out of the fender well and you can blow air through them to see if they are clogged. Then just pop them back in the hole

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dodas

Members online