So what did you do to your SHO today!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well 12/01 is here and completed the lowering and replacement of suspension parts - including rear sway bar to Whiteline - BTW OMFG!!!! SHE STICKS AND I CAN tear up corners. Did the correct thing - replaced all bolts, nuts, caps - plastic anti squeak - strut caps and all.

Replaced PP struts, installed H&R lowering springs in the front. Replaced all bolts and nuts. Will have alignment tomorrow with SPC camber bolts for front and rear.

Then pulled out the rear shocks - installed the Monroe - the shocks are thicker for sure have more oil. Rear H&R springs and took the stock rear sway out. The thickness and weight difference is very noticeable. The car now doesn't feel like it wants to back roll into turns. It lets me accelerate through the turn - even spun the tires. Even the braking is different - no massive front dipping on hard braking. That center of balance has lowered and neutralized the weight of the chassis.

Here she is - looks like everyone else's :)

Last edited:

Vestin112

Reaction score
Well 12/01 is here and completed the lowering and replacement of suspension parts - including rear sway bar to Whiteline - BTW OMFG!!!! SHE STICKS AND I CAN tear up corners. Did the correct thing - replaced all bolts, nuts, caps - plastic anti squeak - strut caps and all.

Replaced PP struts, installed H&R lowering springs in the front. Replaced all bolts and nuts. Will have alignment tomorrow with SPC camber bolts for front and rear.

Then pulled out the rear shocks - installed the Monroe - the shocks are thicker for sure have more oil. Rear H&R springs and took the stock rear sway out. The thickness and weight difference is very noticeable. The car now doesn't feel like it wants to back roll into turns. It lets me accelerate through the turn - even spun the tires. Even the braking is different - no massive front dipping on hard braking. That center of balance has lowered and neutralized the weight of the chassis.

lowering this car makes so much difference then you throw in the H&R's and it's an absolute dream.

TheOGScooby

Reaction score
Took the girl out to the strip for the 1st time since installing the intake and downpipes/ exhaust and having it returned. Was extremely happy with the gains I made on my times, but it seems in my excitement I may have hurt my baby. Had a couple launches where the shift from had a strong shudder that lasted about a second. Thought nothing of it, at least until I noticed it again driving to work a few mornings after when I pulled into traffic a little later than I should have. I have also noticed that the Overdrive has been a bit overzealous since then shifting up extremely early, with the exception of 4th gear which tends to stick all the way to 38-3900 before shifting unless I let off in which case it will shift to 5th and then almost immediately shift to 6th. And then when it comes to downshifting, shes gotten so stubborn, refusing to downshift (on her own initiative) unless coming to a complete stop. I keep telling her I don't need to be in 5th to take a 15mph turn haha. Manually downshifting she seems fine, and then today I drove home in sport mode and just manually shifted the whole time and it was like nothing was wrong at all. I have a feeling some expensive repairs are in my near future, just trying to fix up my other car before this one decides to shit the bed.
Honest to God, this car makes me make bad decisions, but I don't regret any of them haha

J persons

SHO Member
Reaction score
Replaced the failing hood struts on my '14 SHO. Used oem struts from Tasca Ford as they had the best price I could find online. The struts are side specific, and if you use a generic strut, possibly one of them will have to be mounted upside down.

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Took the girl out to the strip for the 1st time since installing the intake and downpipes/ exhaust and having it returned. Was extremely happy with the gains I made on my times, but it seems in my excitement I may have hurt my baby. Had a couple launches where the shift from had a strong shudder that lasted about a second. Thought nothing of it, at least until I noticed it again driving to work a few mornings after when I pulled into traffic a little later than I should have. I have also noticed that the Overdrive has been a bit overzealous since then shifting up extremely early, with the exception of 4th gear which tends to stick all the way to 38-3900 before shifting unless I let off in which case it will shift to 5th and then almost immediately shift to 6th. And then when it comes to downshifting, shes gotten so stubborn, refusing to downshift (on her own initiative) unless coming to a complete stop. I keep telling her I don't need to be in 5th to take a 15mph turn haha. Manually downshifting she seems fine, and then today I drove home in sport mode and just manually shifted the whole time and it was like nothing was wrong at all. I have a feeling some expensive repairs are in my near future, just trying to fix up my other car before this one decides to shit the bed.
Honest to God, this car makes me make bad decisions, but I don't regret any of them haha
Do a Kam reset

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Replaced the failing hood struts on my '14 SHO. Used oem struts from Tasca Ford as they had the best price I could find online. The struts are side specific, and if you use a generic strut, possibly one of them will have to be mounted upside down.
I used after market and side specific but just only last 3 years. Go OEM IMO

Joshw0000

SHO Member
Reaction score
I used after market and side specific but just only last 3 years. Go OEM IMO
I replaced the trunk struts with aftermarket a few years ago. The OEM's went out after I made the lid heavier with sound dampener. No issues yet, although I wish they were stronger. I gently lower the trunk rather than pushing it shut. If I did it'd slam pretty hard. If I ever have to replace them again, I'll look up the OEM specs and get some more with extra N / lbs per strut.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
I replaced the trunk struts with aftermarket a few years ago. The OEM's went out after I made the lid heavier with sound dampener. No issues yet, although I wish they were stronger. I gently lower the trunk rather than pushing it shut. If I did it'd slam pretty hard. If I ever have to replace them again, I'll look up the OEM specs and get some more with extra N / lbs per strut.

I need the opposite, I need used worn out trunk struts for my CF trunk. I had replaced them with new ones back in 2019 and I think they’ll fling that CF trunk up with way too much aggression. Anyone want to trade worn out trunk struts for new ones???

Joshw0000

SHO Member
Reaction score
I need the opposite, I need used worn out trunk struts for my CF trunk. I had replaced them with new ones back in 2019 and I think they’ll fling that CF trunk up with way too much aggression. Anyone want to trade worn out trunk struts for new ones???
I'm pretty sure I have the old ones in a box somewhere if you want them. If yours are stronger than my current ones, I'd definitely trade you.

TheOGScooby

Reaction score
Went to go to lunch today and the car cranked started for a few seconds and died. After that, just continuous cranking. Pulled the fuel line and sire enough, no fuel. Did some digging and came across these cars having an issue with their fuel pump control modules. Went ahead and got it ordered, fingers crossed this is the issue.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to go to lunch today and the car cranked started for a few seconds and died. After that, just continuous cranking. Pulled the fuel line and sire enough, no fuel. Did some digging and came across these cars having an issue with their fuel pump control modules. Went ahead and got it ordered, fingers crossed this is the issue.
@TheOGScooby

Replaced mine since the 12-13 recalled that part, mine is a 14 however based on date of production I couldn't tell if mine might of been a problem - replaced it and put the original in the trunk.

TheOGScooby

Reaction score
@TheOGScooby

Replaced mine since the 12-13 recalled that part, mine is a 14 however based on date of production I couldn't tell if mine might of been a problem - replaced it and put the original in the trunk.

Ended up being the module. Plugged the new Dorman one in and cycled accessory power a few times to see if fuel pump would prime, and then it fored right up. Want to upgrade the LPFP in the future but today was not the day haha. Definitely thankful it was just the module. Have a trip to Disney in less than a week, just glad it died today and not halfway to Orlando.

ticoscen

SHO Member
Reaction score
I add new trunk gas struts from Amazon and added RED springs to them too from AliExpress. Now, when I pop the trunk, it opens all the way up.

Junkyard_Mad-Scientist

Reaction score
I add new trunk gas struts from Amazon and added RED springs to them too from AliExpress. Now, when I pop the trunk, it opens all the way up.
can i see a picture of your set up with the springs? ive been trying to think of a way to get it to open fully from just popping it. hows the closing pressure, is it harder to close now? (by the way, took me 3 months to find the exterior trunk pop button above the lic plate. figured they just didnt have them on civi taurus)

Zpak

Es Aich Oh!
Reaction score
I was excited when I finally learned about that button, then quickly disappointed when I learned it didn’t work.

And yes, I tried everything.

Majestic

SHO Member
Reaction score
can i see a picture of your set up with the springs? ive been trying to think of a way to get it to open fully from just popping it. hows the closing pressure, is it harder to close now? (by the way, took me 3 months to find the exterior trunk pop button above the lic plate. figured they just didnt have them on civi taurus)
I added some higher rate struts to the trunk for the same reason. I wish I hadn't. It will break the plastic tabs on the hinges and it's harder to close.

ticoscen

SHO Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masscounsel

Members online

Back