SM105K's Ownership/Performance/Maintenance Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might I make a suggestion to the mods? Take the first two parts of this post and sticky them with something along the lines of "Beginners read first". There is a **** of a lot of good information here for someone like me who is fresh to the SHO scene. I have multiple play toys and the first thing I do is find a good forum to learn this kind of info with having to ask the same questions hundreds of others have asked. This answered most of them for me right here.
We can ask @Irish Pride

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Couple of things.......

I am too lazy to try and re-pin the Lexus' wires and re-tune it for this period of time. So I am boxing up the old Haltech E11V2 and sending it to them. They sound confident they can fix it. So yeah. It could be as easy as paying them to fix, re installed the computer, re-flash the tune, and wham............ the Lexus is ripping again.

I am putting my house up for sale. My investment is paying off, and with the uncertainty of the market I think this is a good time. Plus downsizing will be welcomed.

My GF has driven the SHO for the past 3 years. She has done great. No accidents, not even a wheel ding or curb wash. All this while being on the aggressive E30 tune. So she has gotten the Mercedes bug like I have. We are looking at 2014 AMG CLS 63s for her. 5.5L Bi-Turbo V8 with 4-matic. She loves the sedan, power, and all wheel drive of the SHO so this gives her the opportunity to buy something nicer with the same/better amenities and not a huge huge price tag.

This will give me the opportunity to have the SHO back, and start the process of getting her ready to sell.

Hopefully by the end of the year I will be stepping into a 2020 ish Mercedes E63's myself.

So yeah...big changes.

Zpak

Es Aich Oh!
Reaction score
Couple of things.......

I am too lazy to try and re-pin the Lexus' wires and re-tune it for this period of time. So I am boxing up the old Haltech E11V2 and sending it to them. They sound confident they can fix it. So yeah. It could be as easy as paying them to fix, re installed the computer, re-flash the tune, and wham............ the Lexus is ripping again.

I am putting my house up for sale. My investment is paying off, and with the uncertainty of the market I think this is a good time. Plus downsizing will be welcomed.

My GF has driven the SHO for the past 3 years. She has done great. No accidents, not even a wheel ding or curb wash. All this while being on the aggressive E30 tune. So she has gotten the Mercedes bug like I have. We are looking at 2014 AMG CLS 63s for her. 5.5L Bi-Turbo V8 with 4-matic. She loves the sedan, power, and all wheel drive of the SHO so this gives her the opportunity to buy something nicer with the same/better amenities and not a huge huge price tag.

This will give me the opportunity to have the SHO back, and start the process of getting her ready to sell.

Hopefully by the end of the year I will be stepping into a 2020 ish Mercedes E63's myself.

So yeah...big changes.
Do the chains and pump and you got my $10K. ;)

SM105K

Reaction score
So my GF picked up this 2014 CLS 63 S. If you have been following, she has been daily driving my SHO "M" for the past couple of years. She has been driving it on the big E30 tune as well. Never curbed a rim (I knicked a small spot), and has taken exceptional care of my baby.

She wanted another sedan that has the same qualities of the SHO. The CLS checks all the boxes, and then some. She does lose a back middle seat, but gains across the board. Plus she got a extremely fair deal for it. My brother owned this car for the past 3 years, and I know how meticulous he is with vehicles.

I won't lie, I am kinda jealous she stepped into a AMG much less a 63 S series before me. LOL. Super nice car, with downpipes, and a tune already. In the third picture, you can see M lurking in the back ground. lol.

AMG1Amg4Amg2Amg3Amg5

SM105K

Reaction score
As of right M is for sale. However, M is already spoken for. I wont share any details yet, however when the time comes and I get the permission from the new owner I will let you guys know.

kryptto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of right M is for sale. However, M is already spoken for. I wont share any details yet, however when the time comes and I get the permission from the new owner I will let you guys know.
I give you permission - I am ok with it. :)

SM105K

Reaction score
I give you permission - I am ok with it. :)
Hahah, good stuff. I have a feeling we will come across each others paths when I am on my journey to find a E63S. I have a feeling I will be purchasing it in FL. Don't ask me how I know, I just have a feeling.

kryptto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahah, good stuff. I have a feeling we will come across each others paths when I am on my journey to find a E63S. I have a feeling I will be purchasing it in FL. Don't ask me how I know, I just have a feeling.
All joking aside - I do work with someone whose son only deals with exotics. Just let me know if interested I will ping him.

SM105K

Reaction score
Lexus Update: Yes a Lexus update. I am putting my house on the market, and will have to move the Lexus sooner than later. I have the new ECU (Haltech 2500 Elite), but I have to re-pin wires, and either get the tune translated, or build it from scratch.

I grabbed the old ECU (Haltech E11V2) and boxed it up and sent it to Kentucky. They called me yesterday, and said they don't have facilities (test bench, parts) to diagnose the problem. The gentlemen I spoke on the phone with said he would do his best to crudely do everything in his power to see if he could fix it. However, it might have to take a trip to the land down under.

So yeah....good times. I was just hoping it was a easy fix, re-plug the ECU in, re-flash the tune, and let the Lexus live its best life. However, that is never the case with this car.

Last edited:

cole3498

Reaction score

Salute to the legend M, this thread is incredible and has helped me start my small build of a SHO. So much inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SM105K

Reaction score
SHO Update: So this is one of the last posts about "M" my 2013 SHO. On Saturday, the new owner put down the deposit. Today I will be doing a last fluid swap. New Oil, Trans Fluid (5 out and 5 in), PTU (Redline LWSP), and Coolant. Once that is buttoned up, an interior and exterior detail will follow. Then on Wednesday afternoon I will start the journey to deliver her to the Midwest.

Even though I will be SHO less, I will still be around. I want to keep you guys updated on the Lexus build, and I will be stepping into a 2020 ish E63S by the end of the year. I will keep both of those builds here in this thread.

kryptto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SHO Update: So this is one of the last posts about "M" my 2013 SHO. On Saturday, the new owner put down the deposit. Today I will be doing a last fluid swap. New Oil, Trans Fluid (5 out and 5 in), PTU (Redline LWSP), and Coolant. Once that is buttoned up, an interior and exterior detail will follow. Then on Wednesday afternoon I will start the journey to deliver her to the Midwest.

Even though I will be SHO less, I will still be around. I want to keep you guys updated on the Lexus build, and I will be stepping into a 2020 ish E63S by the end of the year. I will keep both of those builds here in this thread.
I am already exhausted listening to the list of must do's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddizzy81

Members online

Back