Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fcable

Reaction score
Hey to everyone. Not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post this thread, but...
Looking for OEM replacement seat covers for my '99 SHO. Any suggestions? Not looking for "seat covers" to cover the OEM seat. I'm looking to replace the OEM with new covers. Thanks for any help.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
We used to use Katzkin leather replacements for the Gen I and II. Not 100% for Gen III. You would have to send an inquiry to them directly as even the older SHO ones do not appear on the website anymore. They should have older patterns on file somewhere.

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Just to clarify - Katzkin makes leather seat covers that go over the old cloth seats. I have only ever seen 1 case where Katzkin made a leather seat cover that would fit on seats that had factory leather. For whatever reasons, the pattern for the leather seats are nearly always somewhat different from the cloth ones.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
The other alternative, and there are other companies similar to Katzkin, is to have an auto/boat upholstery shop make you something custom. I looked into that years ago and it was expensive but I almost pulled the trigger. Depends on your budget.

fcable

Reaction score
The other alternative, and there are other companies similar to Katzkin, is to have an auto/boat upholstery shop make you something custom. I looked into that years ago and it was expensive but I almost pulled the trigger. Depends on your budget.
Thanks again

SJP

Reaction score
Thanks again
I had a local upholstery shop redo my front leather seats. He only replaced the "bad" seatback section (door bolster) and the entire seat bottom. If you have extra matching leather from the junkyard it helps reduce the price. Pieces can be cut from back seat seat covers. Many late 1990s cars use the same leather interior colors. Seat bottoms were ~$300 each. Door bolsters were ~$100 each. Fortunately, the local craftsman did a perfect match for those prices. I took the seats apart and delivered the four pieces to him. He used the old seat for the pattern and reinstalled the covers on the sections I bolted eveything back together and reinstalled the seats in the car. Good Luck.

Karbetz

Reaction score
For OEM replacement seat covers for '99 SHO, wetokole are great choice. They specialize in replacement seat covers that match OEM specifications. I used them for my truck, and the fit and finish were spot on. They use high-quality materials and offer a variety of colors to match the original interior.

Last edited:
Back