Raybestos...update and Call to Action, Let's Do This Again...

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Spread the word...

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have some concerns about the release of the friction clutches we had all been hoping for. So much so, that I think this demanded it's own thread instead of updating the previous one, which can be found here:

A bit ago, I checked in with my contact at Raybestos to see about an update and this is what I received:

Nqk1lpaaHflZozwidth605height1024cropmodenone

As you can see, it looks like even their marketing rep is losing the fight. It actually looks like there is some confusion, IMO. Way back when we all put our names on that list, it seemed to generate enough interest and we all thought that was enough. The misunderstanding, I think, was that we would get a notice that they would be released based on the list that was generated. In addition to the misunderstanding, I also discovered Raybestos is having supply issues with their red material, and many other products are on back order with them that use that material as well.

It seems that, since the part number has been created, there are no orders (because there they aren't actually out yet, is my argument), but it appears Raybestos is waiting on orders to be made. It's backwards to me, I get it...

But maybe we can pump a bit of energy into this one last time.

Here's my strategy. If you feel that you can be be out a few hundred dollars for a while, then go ahead and place an order at WIT or PACT, this is the best option, but I understand having money out there can be tough for some.

https://transmissioncenter.net/?s=r...utes=1&tags=1&sku=1&orderby=date-DESC&ixwps=1

https://www.wittrans.com/

https://suncoastdiesel.com/p-35846-home-gas.html

If not, at the very least, inquire about them with WIT, Suncoast and PACT.

Also, lets all hit up Raybestos on IG again...

I'm hoping we can rally the troops one last time to see if it works. It's about all we can hope for at this point. Seems the steam ran out.

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
I talk to Angela at Whatever It Takes all the time, she even calls like once a month to see if I need anything…..which I think is super rare these days. I always ask about them even when I already know the answer, that they’re not available.

When this first came to fruition it was my understanding I was to pre order a set, however I couldn’t get anyone to take my money as they weren’t available.

To be honest it’s backwards as f. We’ve all been waiting for them to make them. And if Raybestos asked for pre orders they didn’t relay that to their distributor(s).

It’s my opinion that they would have already had all their preorders if they would have made that clear not only to us but to their distributors from day 1. That’s a very important detail, for that to be missed is absolutely ridiculous. I can give more details about the $hi T I took this morning.

I’m agitated and annoyed by Raybestos. Yeah I’ll put a order in but I want to ask for my order every single day (twice on Tuesday’s). It’s getting the feel of a starter company. Yeah let me invest to get their feet up and running. Just seems so lame.

The problem now is we don’t know how many ppl will preorder. And we also don’t have a strong commitment from Raybestos to fulfill those orders. Bravo to them for accepting money for a product that doesn’t exist!! And this is like a year later with no progress?? That takes a lot of integrity or lack there of.

The time to invest was then not now. Now seems like a Hail Mary with your wallet out and your eyes closed hoping you end up receiving what you bought.

I’d rather be part of a documentary on NetFlix: Raybestos, Broken Promises.

So anyway I’ll talk to Angela again and I guarantee she doesn’t ask me to make a preorder. And I’m not even sure I want to at this point. This is one of those moments you’d be so happy to get clutches made by another company just so Raybestos can find out and realize they dropped the ball. Pitifully

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
I talk to Angela at Whatever It Takes all the time, she even calls like once a month to see if I need anything…..which I think is super rare these days. I always ask about them even when I already know the answer, that they’re not available.

When this first came to fruition it was my understanding I was to pre order a set, however I couldn’t get anyone to take my money as they weren’t available.

To be honest it’s backwards as f. We’ve all been waiting for them to make them. And if Raybestos asked for pre orders they didn’t relay that to their distributor(s).

It’s my opinion that they would have already had all their preorders if they would have made that clear not only to us but to their distributors from day 1. That’s a very important detail, for that to be missed is absolutely ridiculous. I can give more details about the $hi T I took this morning.

I’m agitated and annoyed by Raybestos. Yeah I’ll put a order in but I want to ask for my order every single day (twice on Tuesday’s). It’s getting the feel of a starter company. Yeah let me invest to get their feet up and running. Just seems so lame.

The problem now is we don’t know how many ppl will preorder. And we also don’t have a strong commitment from Raybestos to fulfill those orders. Bravo to them for accepting money for a product that doesn’t exist!! And this is like a year later with no progress?? That takes a lot of integrity or lack there of.

The time to invest was then not now. Now seems like a Hail Mary with your wallet out and your eyes closed hoping you end up receiving what you bought.

So anyway I’ll talk to Angela again and I guarantee she doesn’t ask me to make a preorder. And I’m not even sure I want to at this point. This is one of those moments you’d be so happy to get clutches made by another company just so Raybestos can find out and realize they dropped the ball. Pitifully
I feel you on every level....

aaron240

SHO Member
Reaction score

Well said Andrew. At this point it feels oh so similar to an AKD situation, accepting money for a product that has not even been designed, manufactured, and tested to date.

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Well said Andrew. At this point it feels oh so similar to an AKD situation, accepting money for a product that has not even been designed, manufactured, and tested to date.
Only difference. and its a big one, is the AKD attitude isn't present. I think this falls more into the category of a big company unsure about an untested product market, combined with raw material supply shortages.

DadMobile

Worlds 3rd least slowest Ecoboost SHO
Reaction score
With the economy being all weird and supply shortages on everything, most companies are barely able to support established markets. It looks like Raybestos now wants to start a bidding war to see which actual projects get started, bad news for our tiny community.

Im not sending them $300 for anything, especially considering they haven’t been very transparent through any of this. Everything is getting expensive an the American consumer is getting absolutely buried this year. My guess is you will see a lot less people spending $$ on SHO’s this year. Dollar for dollar this platform is terrible for go fasting.

I have a feeling the entire automotive performance industry is going to tank over the next 6 months. With the a recession in full swing I doubt we’ll get another NEW aftermarket part for the SHO and I wouldn’t be surprised if companies start pulling support for the SHO altogether.

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
With the economy being all weird and supply shortages on everything, most companies are barely able to support established markets. It looks like Raybestos now wants to start a bidding war to see which actual projects get started, bad news for our tiny community.

Im not sending them $300 for anything, especially considering they haven’t been very transparent through any of this. Everything is getting expensive an the American consumer is getting absolutely buried this year. My guess is you will see a lot less people spending $$ on SHO’s this year. Dollar for dollar this platform is terrible for go fasting.

I have a feeling the entire automotive performance industry is going to tank over the next 6 months. With the a recession in full swing I doubt we’ll get another NEW aftermarket part for the SHO and I wouldn’t be surprised if companies start pulling support for the SHO altogether.
Yeah, I feel you on the recession thing. It's been on the horizon for awhile.

That being said, no one else is closer than Raybestos at the moment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

...I can't really support the mentality of stubbornessand not giving them anything, not because I'm not reading the terrain but because closed mouths don't get fed.

I understand having money sitting out there for potentially a long time with no gaurentee of a return is a big pill to swallow for some, but its a pill nonethess.

Kanajana

Reaction score
I'm not pushing the power boundaries nearly as much as many of you guys, but still would like to acquire a stronger 6f55 for my daily driver Flexo for regular "spirited driving" (and occasionally some track time)

Given the lack of options I did order a set of the Raybestos Stage 1 clutch packs from PACT a few days ago (Ecoboost_xsport: I'm the guy who posted on your FTW FB page thread about ordering a set). Hopefully eventually something comes from this order other than disappearing money, but the current economic environment is strange at best.

Still a "new" member, how the **** did i manage that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dodas

Members online

No members online now.