Overheating at idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thormx

Reaction score
Well it looks like my water pump is going bad after all.
I got new Continental Extreme contacts installed and they couldn’t do an alignment without replacing a tie rod.

So I ask them to replace that,
my service advisor calls me later and shows me a picture of coolant leaking from the weep hole so now I need to for sure do water pump and new timing set up immediately!

shoblock

SHO Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like my water pump is going bad after all.
I got new Continental Extreme contacts installed and they couldn’t do an alignment without replacing a tie rod.

So I ask them to replace that,
my service advisor calls me later and shows me a picture of coolant leaking from the weep hole so now I need to for sure do water pump and new timing set up immediately!
I feel your pain. I'm a snowbird so my SHO has been sitting most of the winter. In March, I took a 30 mile drive and when I shut the car off, I noticed an anti-freeze puddle on the ground. Now I'm trying to decide whether to fix or sell as is. I'll get a quote from the dealer, but since retiring, I moved to a townhouse with no facilities to do the fix myself.
SHOBLOCK

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I'm a snowbird so my SHO has been sitting most of the winter. In March, I took a 30 mile drive and when I shut the car off, I noticed an anti-freeze puddle on the ground. Now I'm trying to decide whether to fix or sell as is. I'll get a quote from the dealer, but since retiring, I moved to a townhouse with no facilities to do the fix myself.
SHOBLOCK
Think a good fix will help - good luck let us know which way you go. Living in FL - forgetting condos and townhouses - HOA's are pretty restrictive to anything outside basic maintenance and repair.

Back