Oil in coolant...but from where?

teehud313

Reaction score
Chain? What chain? Anti freeze drops from the WP/chain into oil pan? I suspect we're not talking about an SHO motor here, but an old school push rod motor?? Or there's some design feature of the motor I've never seen in 20 years of SHO ownership including a bad water pump or two...
I have a lincoln mks 3.5 awd twin turbo (optional motor). The the oil pump and water pump both sits behind the timing chain cover and are operated by the timing chain. When my water pump got loose, antifreeze leaked into the oil pan. The oil and coolant mixed in to a grayish thick milkshake. It could be seen on the oil dipstick and coolant reservoir. They replaced the whole engine and turbos. My mks only has 60k miles on it. Hope this info helps!

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
@teehud313, this thread and section is about Gen1/2 issues, which is a completely different motor than what you have, and your comments in this thread are only confusing people. Please pay attention so you are not confusing people, thanks.

teehud313

Reaction score
@teehud313, this thread and section is about Gen1/2 issues, which is a completely different motor than what you have, and your comments in this thread are only confusing people. Please pay attention so you are not confusing people,
  • 2010-2016 Lincoln MKS
  • 2010-2019 Ford Taurus SHO

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Exactly, this thread is about 89-95 SHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dodas

Members online