New SHO owner with a few possibly silly questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bertman7807

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am the very happy owner of a 2010 SHO. My SYNC screen has a yellow tint to it. I am almost certain I read a post about a fix for it being a connector in the trunk that needs cleaning. I can't find any reference to it anymore. Does this seem accurate or at least familiar to anyone on here? My next question is about adding songs to the onboard harddrive. Is there any other way to do it besides ripping original CDs? I encoded and got rid of my whole collection long ago. I am tech savvy so I am even willing to remove the harddrive and load songs on it externally if thats an option. Thank you for your time and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and I overlooked it

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am the very happy owner of a 2010 SHO. My SYNC screen has a yellow tint to it. I am almost certain I read a post about a fix for it being a connector in the trunk that needs cleaning. I can't find any reference to it anymore. Does this seem accurate or at least familiar to anyone on here? My next question is about adding songs to the onboard harddrive. Is there any other way to do it besides ripping original CDs? I encoded and got rid of my whole collection long ago. I am tech savvy so I am even willing to remove the harddrive and load songs on it externally if thats an option. Thank you for your time and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere and I overlooked it
Ok yellow screen it needs to be replaced. These units have storage but not for music files, usb stick and play off of it. There are tons on threads that talk about different sync 2 to 3.x upgrades which require removing the screen and apim, which is attached to the back on the screen and replace the GPS.

For the workshop. Keep this link his Explorer works for many sho owners

Now don't go to Amazon and Ebay and find some Chinese bulk purchased defective recalled APIMs.

Or if you want a reputable site buy it here: https://naviupgrade.com/

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Some of the head units in this generation did have onboard HDD storage, but it was pretty limited in size - something like 20 songs iirc. The only way I recall you could input them to the hdd was by telling it to record as you played the cd. I also have a large collection of music on a flash drive and just plug it in to have many hours of my music when I want it.

bertman7807

Reaction score
Ok yellow screen it needs to be replaced. These units have storage but not for music files, usb stick and play off of it. There are tons on threads that talk about different sync 2 to 3.x upgrades which require removing the screen and apim, which is attached to the back on the screen and replace the GPS.

For the workshop. Keep this link his Explorer works for many sho owners

Now don't go to Amazon and Ebay and find some Chinese bulk purchased defective recalled APIMs.

Or if you want a reputable site buy it here: https://naviupgrade.com/
Thank you for your reply. Did you mean the screen needs replaced or the whole unit?

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Did you mean the screen needs replaced or the whole unit?
If you are going to replace the screen upgrade to a sync 3 to stream music and many features instead of the crappy sync 2

SHOdded

SHO Member
Reaction score
If upgrading to sync3 is on your wishlist, one of your many options is to purchase it here
https://www.allthingssync.com

we have had great success with this vendor on our ford edge fb page.

you can of course source the parts yourself and save some $$$ that way. definitely agree with not buying chinese junk or tesla style units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masscounsel

Members online

Back