wsorrells

Reaction score
Greetings SHO owners. Glad to have found this forum. I have a bone-stock 2018 SHO with PP and enjoy every second driving it. I once had an '89 SHO and had a blast driving that EXCEPT for the transmission which seemed to be made out of glass. I think I went through at least 2 clutches to the tune of about $1100 apiece and that was in the early nineties. This SHO version seems much more bullet proof although I only have about 37000 miles on it. We do live in upstate NY (Rochester area) so we get a lot of snow (and of course they salt the roads) so I have a dedicated set of snow tires mounted on custom rims and makes her pretty safe in bad weather. I am thinking of the Livernois Tune but my mechanic says that it will not pass NYS's emissions inspection - does anyone have experience with that? Thanks, Bill Sorrells

bpd1151

Lurking Around
Reaction score
Absolutely DO NOT USE LIVER$h!t

Anyone else but them. Seriously.

Others will chime in as to why. I myself am still exhausted from having dealt with them.

Moving along, on a positive note.... welcome back to the SHO family.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Zpak

Es Aich Oh!
Reaction score
Welcome

Do yourself a favor and run from the L word. Research the different tuners used on the forum and go from there. Also, take note of the age of each thread.

I can attest to having zero issues passing indiana emissions with the setup in my signature.

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your purchase, and depending on your state's level of emissions testing, you may issues passing with any tuner that scrambles the ECM Strategy in the tune to prevent copying of the tune, but most don't seem to have an issue.

I would personally recommend Ortiz Performance for SHO tuning, I've used a few different companies in the Ecoboost world, even before becoming an employee of Ortiz, and while it may sound biased at this point I did feel that our tunes were the most responsive and Luis spent a ton of time working on my tune to dial it in, and I've seen countless times where he's done the same for other customers whether we personally knew them or not. His tunes aren't "one and done" and he treats every customer like they are on his personal dyno. Some customers don't like the timeline so I will advise that if you are wanting a single revision tune that is sufficient out of the box this might not be for you, but if you want to work directly with your tuner to dial in the car to your exact specifications, you won't be disappointed. Just be willing to put in the work on your end to get it done and take anything he says seriously for the health and performance of your engine.

Any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly or send us an email to [email protected] and we'd be glad to discuss your options. We also have a full catalog of performance products and sell 95% of what's available on the performance market for the Taurus SHO.

wsorrells

Reaction score
Absolutely DO NOT USE LIVER$h!t

Anyone else but them. Seriously.

Others will chime in as to why. I myself am still exhausted from having dealt with them.

Moving along, on a positive note.... welcome back to the SHO family.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice re: Livernois. Have you heard of an outfit called Thorton Chip Tuning? The yadvertise their chips at only $89 which makes me suspicious of their claims and quality. I'm not looking to do much to my SHO but just something to get its bulk off the line a little quicker and to remove the top speed limiter. Thanks

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice re: Livernois. Have you heard of an outfit called Thorton Chip Tuning? The yadvertise their chips at only $89 which makes me suspicious of their claims and quality. I'm not looking to do much to my SHO but just something to get its bulk off the line a little quicker and to remove the top speed limiter. Thanks
I'll chime in on livercrap, NO, don't even consider them, unless you want your tranny to die from bad shifts, I've seen one sho with a livercrap tune and it was at dealership getting a new tranny. I would tune with a hypertech over LMS any day. There right AJP or GH and your tranny will thank for for it. A 3bar and a E30 tune from AJP, and right there is best bang for buck you can have. And welcome to the SHO family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online