New 2018 Sho Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

East Bay Sho

Reaction score
Hello SHO community. I bought a 2018 Sho in Orange County this past Sunday with 43,000 miles on it. Super excited about the car, never even thought of owning one until now. I'm here to meet the community, and gain knowledge that will help me get to 450 whp. I will daily drive this car.

My background is in the srt-4 world so I do have some knowledge (bolt ons, fuel etc on a stock engine) but I know almost nothing about modifying a Sho. Any tips or basic modification ideas to start with would be appreciated. My Sho is bone stock except for suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_20240521_095337.jpg
    IMG_20240521_095337.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 7

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Welcome. The first couple of posts in this thread will help you out and answer most of your questions.

East Bay Sho

Reaction score
Yep I've already started studying those sections. I'm gona start with a basic cold air intake and something like a gh intercooler since air is super important. Then I will hit a dyno to see where I'm starting at before tuning, plugs and fuel.

Nobes28

Reaction score
Hello SHO community. I bought a 2018 Sho in Orange County this past Sunday with 43,000 miles on it. Super excited about the car, never even thought of owning one until now. I'm here to meet the community, and gain knowledge that will help me get to 450 whp. I will daily drive this car.

My background is in the srt-4 world so I do have some knowledge (bolt ons, fuel etc on a stock engine) but I know almost nothing about modifying a Sho. Any tips or basic modification ideas to start with would be appreciated. My Sho is bone stock except for suspension.
I had this car saved on Cargurus! Looks cleeeeaaan! Congratulations!

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yep I've already started studying those sections. I'm gona start with a basic cold air intake and something like a gh intercooler since air is super important. Then I will hit a dyno to see where I'm starting at before tuning, plugs and fuel.
your best bang for the buck is a SCT tuning device and a 3 bar map sensor and a custom tune for GH or AJP. this is the foundation you will need for everything else. save your money on the CAI and the inner cooler until you plan to push it harder. BTW go to desktop mode and look at everybody's signatures. This will answer many of your questions. Enjoy the ride.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Yep, unless you are upgrading turbos, a CAI is a complete waste of money. Just get a drop in K&N and keep it clean.

East Bay Sho

Reaction score
your best bang for the buck is a SCT tuning device and a 3 bar map sensor and a custom tune for GH or AJP. this is the foundation you will need for everything else. save your money on the CAI and the inner cooler until you plan to push it harder. BTW go to desktop mode and look at everybody's signatures. This will answer many of your questions. Enjoy the ride.
I was thinking of buying the GH package with the sct tuner, thermostat, plugs and 3 bar map sensor along with a custom tune. Should I just get the tuner and 3 bar map sensor?

Thnx for the tip about desktop mode. Will do.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the GH package with the sct tuner, thermostat, plugs and 3 bar map sensor along with a custom tune. Should I just get the tuner and 3 bar map sensor?

Thnx for the tip about desktop mode. Will do.
Get the plugs, technical don't need the thermostat, as long as you have no intentions to remove the cats, stick with the GH package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddizzy81

Members online

Back