My SHO days are numbered.

skyshadow07

On a mission to get below 4000lbs
Reaction score
The charger at home is my question. Does the price include a charger of your choice? Who pays for installation? Does it come with the vehicle? Fully charged when you take delivery? I can honestly say where I live, I haven't noticed any charge stations. But I'm not looking for them either.
It does come with a charger. The charger can run off 110v or 240v. You supply the volts, it does the rest.

skyshadow07

On a mission to get below 4000lbs
Reaction score
GHNorth, You don't need a long cable, the charger that comes with the car has a fairly long one. I had a NEMA outlet installed on the wall nearest my port when backing in the garage. You do want a dedicated 50A breaker for it, the charger is spec'd to pull 48A @ 240V.

GHNorth

SHO Member
Reaction score
GHNorth, You don't need a long cable, the charger that comes with the car has a fairly long one. I had a NEMA outlet installed on the wall nearest my port when backing in the garage. You do want a dedicated 50A breaker for it, the charger is spec'd to pull 48A @ 240V.
When I said "25" of cable", I meant the length if the 6/3 Romex cable from breaker to outlet. They charge by the distance from the box.

I could use the supplied charger on a 240V outlet, but the Ford Mobile Charger (the one that comes with the car) is limited to 32A. The Ford Connected Charge Station (hardwired only) is capable of 48A on a 60A breaker... and no GFCI necessary.

This is why I need to weigh my options. I would probably never take advantage of the extra 16A of charging power of the Ford Charge Station (if you can find one), but the difference between either 240V option and the 120V 12A Ford Mobile Charger is significant.

Last edited:

Majestic

SHO Member
Reaction score

GHNorth

SHO Member
Reaction score
I guess you missed...

"Before you start, look at the Ford & SAE cites in my signature. In my job I've seen the recent data and done the math."
Oh, I did not miss it... I totally discounted it as arrogant (and irrelevant) name dropping.

GHNorth

SHO Member
Reaction score
"Bye bye baby, baby goodbye.
Bye bye baby, don't make me cry..."
-- Bay City Rollers

IMG 1147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theexo