Looking to buy driver door replacement 1992

joe4sho

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I did the good ol fence bendaroony doo mistake .

What other doors would be able to fit my car, (nonSHO Taurus, sable etc.) If I can't find a specific one.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
You have keyless entry pad on the door?

I don't remember if GenII body parts all bolt up to '92. I think so, but that is the weird transition year.

Either way, go to car-part.com put in the info in the search feature and used parts from around the country will pop up. I would focus on SHO parts first so you know it will bolt up and go. THe items that come up, you can go to each column and click (at top or bottom) and it will list and organize according to distance from you, price, condition etc.

If you find something promising, call and confirm everything you need to know before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:

joe4sho

Reaction score
You have keyless entry pad on the door?

I don't remember if GenII body parts all bolt up to '92. I think so, but that is the weird transition year.

Either way, go to car-part.com put in the info in the search feature and used parts from around the country will pop up. I would focus on SHO parts first so you know it will bolt up and go. THe items that come up, you can go to each column and click (at top or bottom) and it will list and organize according to distance from you, price, condition etc.

If you find something promising, call and confirm everything you need to know before pulling the trigger.
Thanks, will def try that

joe4sho

Reaction score
So far I only found one that matches, all the others are non sho or sables of the second gen.

Is there a difference in the door with and without keyless entry, something that won't make the door function (closing flush, latching, power windows, hinges etc.?)

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
I would check out the 94 door in fort worth. I'm not sure the regular taurus has the same mounting holes for external SHO door trim panels so that they line up properly. Maybe someone else has better info but I think I remember reading that a long long time ago.

joe4sho

Reaction score
I have a red and a green 92 drivers side door. However, I am no where near texas...
Are they SHO model doors?
If so I might not mind taking a drive if it's not too far, currently waiting on a non sho door I looked up to see if it'd match up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theexo

Members online