Insulator/Mount for MTX Shift Lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deathacus

SHO Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I think this has been asked befor, butlike, a long time ago.
The rubber mount for the shifter, where it bolts underneith the car. It seems to have...melted.
Can't find any replacement anywhere. Can't find any record that this part even exists. Surely I ain't the only one, what do I do?

shaldaya

SHO Member
Reaction score
Can you provide a photo or two?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

shaldaya

SHO Member
Reaction score
I think this is what you're looking for

shaldaya

SHO Member
Reaction score
That piece, i don't think you can get by itself
Your best bet there would probably be using a 3D printer

Deathacus

SHO Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what I figured. Looks like just a simple rectangle with some holes in the middle, from what I can tell. If I knew what kind of rubber or whatever, I'm sure I can make it with a chop saw and drill press

shaldaya

SHO Member
Reaction score
Best of luck to you

jonheese

Used-To-Know-It-All
Reaction score
FWIW, I believe that @Irish Pride has fabricated a homemade version of this mount.

Also, he and I have discussed the possibility of 3D printing this part out of TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane), but I would need to grab the one off my car (or have someone send me one) in order to measure, design and prototype first. I'm still working on that process (in my spare time) for the spark plug wire looms/clips, so this would likely be something I start looking at once those are in "production".

If you can wait that long (maybe 6 months?), then this may be an option for you. Otherwise, yeah, your best bet is probably to hack one together yourself. Good luck!

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score
Hey there! I think this has been asked befor, butlike, a long time ago.
The rubber mount for the shifter, where it bolts underneith the car. It seems to have...melted.
Can't find any replacement anywhere. Can't find any record that this part even exists. Surely I ain't the only one, what do I do?
same thing here. i got some mold making silicone rubber from ''Alumilite'. strong and flexible. i haven't used it yet because i don't have a chance right now but the process looks promising and the mold material can be popped out if anything goes wrong. i plan on using some donor rods to simulate the bolts and pour the material in place in the metal channel. there are some limitations notably: curing problems with '3d' printed materials. if i get er done before u then i will post.https://www.alumilite.com/

Irish Pride

Irish Inside
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
This is what I have. Mike @SHOSource made this for me. Send him a message and see if he remembers and could possibly make a run of these.

@kevinspann has a file for 3D printing that I think he'll share if any of you want to go that route.

-Chad

20191207 134255
20191207 133447
20191208 112611

FastCAD

SHO Member
Reaction score

Deathacus

SHO Member
Reaction score
I think this is what you're looking for

Since you got me thinking of it tho...are the stabilizer bushing supposed to look like this?
(not my photo)
The "cracks" around the edge look too...consistent. Are they supposed to be there or are these dry rotted as well?

shaldaya

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yea, that is definitely dry rot
Though if you don't drive it heavy or frequently, i wouldn't worry to much yet

kevinspann

Crush it!
Reaction score
Since you got me thinking of it tho...are the stabilizer bushing supposed to look like this?
View attachment 89725
(not my photo)
The "cracks" around the edge look too...consistent. Are they supposed to be there or are these dry rotted as well?
They're not supposed to be cracked like that but most of them are. It's not really a source of play that I've seen but I suppose it could happen. Most issues are in that clevis; if that one is yours then it is on its way to needing to be rebuilt, a good chunk of the washer/bushing is missing

SHOrod

Torrie Tuned
Reaction score
The mount and bushings both look pretty straight forward to model if someone can provide the dimensions. I could print some prototypes in TPU for someone to give a trial run of, or if a less compliant version is desired, I could also print in ASA, ABS, or a carbon fiber reinforced version of ASA or high temperature nylon.

And if the .stl is available as suggested above, that makes it even easier to get some of these made for those in need.

-Rod

Back