HPFP from a Cadillac ATS !!!!

SHO’D Ya

Reaction score
I found a video awhile back. YouTube. About a caddy ATS I think it was 14’ maybe, I’m sure other years also. HPFP fitting the SHO with a little modification. Ive looked all over and I can’t find anything about it again. I’ve looked up both high pressure pumps and the connector looks to be clockable. Needs turned in order for us to plug in. The video mentioned that. And maybe some welding a fitting on one of the lines on the caddy pump. Guy on the video had stats on the pump and if I remember it was like 30% more than ours. You can get them all day long for $350 Does anybody know anything about this?

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Sounds promising....

Hopefully you can find that video.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
Just a quick look, the ATS pump appears to have a top fitting center. You would need to adapt that. Unsure if that is inlet or outlet. The next question would be measurements to the cam and if you need an adapter or not. Looks like the ATS stock pump is rated at 2900 psi. That is between the 35 and Evo. Need volume specifications to be certain also.

SHO’D Ya

Reaction score
That’s what I was seeing too. I think I’m going to pick one up from salvage yard and do some test fitments etc etc.

SHO’D Ya

Reaction score
This is the video I was referring to. I have searched 5 different times. One time for 2 hours. I could NOT find it. How did you find it. I typed in everything under the Sun. Thanks. I’m going to try this in a few months when I get back home. I’ll report my findings.

Lostdog45

Reaction score
I found it one day when searching SHO videos on you tube and saved it. I thought about experimenting with it.

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
I've thought about picking one up to see if we could develop a repeatable OEM retrofit option that could be reliable. Unfortunately I rarely have time to work on my own car, let alone experiment with other parts haha.

I do have a new HPFP to test and will be installing tomorrow then providing some feedback to the community.

Reactions: M.J

SHOthyme

SHO Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good markup he's making on those if he's just adding a couple parts to make it work on a SHO.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good markup he's making on those if he's just adding a couple parts to make it work on a SHO.
I think there are a lot more changes than just adding a few parts. I think it is the same supplier but they are low-production pieces. The housings on the mass-produced models appear to be welded round housing. The ones that XDI use, appear to be billet. I am guessing the ATS pump will work kind of like we can use a Hellcat LPFP or we can buy a DW300C. Granted a DW300C is a lot closer to the price of a Walbro 525 LPH pump. The ATS pump also gives you one option of pressure and flow. The XDI models are a little more application specific. It would be nice to have some off-the-shelf options to drive down cost or for XDI to use more off-the-shelf components in their design to drive the price down. A 5x cost is pretty hard to swallow.

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
I think there are a lot more changes than just adding a few parts. I think it is the same supplier but they are low-production pieces. The housings on the mass-produced models appear to be welded round housing. The ones that XDI use, appear to be billet. I am guessing the ATS pump will work kind of like we can use a Hellcat LPFP or we can buy a DW300C. Granted a DW300C is a lot closer to the price of a Walbro 525 LPH pump. The ATS pump also gives you one option of pressure and flow. The XDI models are a little more application specific. It would be nice to have some off-the-shelf options to drive down cost or for XDI to use more off-the-shelf components in their design to drive the price down. A 5x cost is pretty hard to swallow.

The issue is XDI doesn't do any in-house machining anymore. When they moved to Orlando they sold the machines they had and now outsource everything and have been running into quality issues and supply shortages. I unfortunately have 3 pumps on order that are going on 10 weeks since ordering.

I'm not going to say anything about the new option until I can test it, was planning to install last week but got behind on other projects a business trip prep and couldn't get it done, so I plan to install it Friday or Saturday when I get back in town and if it works I'll do a few videos and post more information as we get them ready to launch.

Will have options to start for the Gen 1 and Gen 2 F150 Ecoboost along with the Transverse 3.5L. They offer in house machining and currently are quoting a 2 week lead time. Once we prove out the design we'll get pricing finalized and ready to launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online