Help to understand my octane adjust ratio with GH tune

DadMobile

Worlds 3rd least slowest Ecoboost SHO
Reaction score
I personally believe in the GH method as it has worked for me but I get that we are all products of our own experience!

Jordan_R

Stock Block Ready To Knock...er..Rock
Reaction score
Food for thought. AJP and GH tune part throttle completely different. That was my only issue on gh tuning. Part throttle was way more boosty on gh which made my exhaust resonance ping the knock sensors while ajp didn't use as much wgdc in the low rpms part throttle so I never had knock issues. I could do it back to back to back and repeat it. I guess what I'm trying to say here is not two tunes are exactly the same. May accomplish the same thing wot but just because no knock on one and knock on another doesn't mean that the tune is bunk.

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Food for thought. AJP and GH tune part throttle completely different. That was my only issue on gh tuning. Part throttle was way more boosty on gh which made my exhaust resonance ping the knock sensors while ajp didn't use as much wgdc in the low rpms part throttle so I never had knock issues. I could do it back to back to back and repeat it. I guess what I'm trying to say here is not two tunes are exactly the same. May accomplish the same thing wot but just because no knock on one and knock on another doesn't mean that the tune is bunk.
This^^^^^

DadMobile

Worlds 3rd least slowest Ecoboost SHO
Reaction score

If your talking about E30-E40 I can personally vouch that the tune has evolved a lot over the last year but I’m the only dude sending it FBO’s atm so nobody else really knows outside seeing me do it.

I really just came here to plug my FansOnly page.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Yep I witnessed the high knock of GH AO tune on my buddies car here in AZ with meth....

ridered74

SHO Member
Reaction score
Yep I witnessed the high knock of GH AO tune on my buddies car here in AZ with meth....

Big baller brent from Arizona had tons of knock issues on his car too. Couldn't figure it out and ended up selling the car. Oh wait he was Ortiz tuned.

SeanDev

SHO Member
Reaction score
So i got GH tune on my 2015 SHO I used 2gallons of E85 of a full tank of 93 and my level was -0.53 and when I just used 93 without the E85 it’s standing on -0.38 what number should it stand on or be in range around?? Also for every 5 gallons of 93 how much E85 should I add?
Get a ethanol tester, they sell them on Amazon, plus you need to know what ethanol content they use in there 92+ fuel also. Takes about 2min to test. I use Meijers gas stations, after over a dozen fills there e85 has always been e85, and the 93 is 8% ethanol. A sensor add on takes minutes and gives you real time whats in your tank. Get an app that calculates all this for you. I use e85blend app. And never try to max tank on app, if tanks at quarter, tell app tank it is at 20%, this way your blend will be perfect and no worrying about filling up to soon with one fuel or other. I use AJP and with OA I only get a 5% tolerance, so it's worth the extra steps to insure no knock.