Helix AutoSport (UK) stepping up to manufacture upgraded clutches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Kevin Quinlan has me ordering things to get it ready. He’s a few weeks out I believe. One thing I’m looking to do is WPC treat the input shaft. It’s his #1 area of concern. It’s hollow but that’s fine, he said the Hoonicorn input shaft is hollow, but bc of the small lubrication holes it has that’ll make it weak for all the torque that’s going to be transferred through it, more torque than it was designed for. WPC treatment is all I can think of, which should only aid in making it stronger.

I’ve got my eye on a couple more things to WPC treat as a precaution, educated guess as to what can I do right now that will give this thing the best chance of lasting for a little while. It’s ok if it wears out…that’s inevitable right? As long as it works….if it works ( even if only briefly ) then we know it just needs to be stronger and that comes down to materials

802SHO

Stock Cams
Reaction score
Kevin advised not to do the drum and snap ring mod stating that’s a GM problem and something they later addressed with shot peening. He said GM and Ford started out as partners in this transmission but when they went their separate ways GM skimped on some things whee Ford didnt. He would see like 7 GM transmissions in for a rebuild out of 10 being 3 that were Ford. He said Ford built the more reliable transmission

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Autox4fun

SHO Member
Reaction score
Kevin advised not to do the drum and snap ring mod stating that’s a GM problem and something they later addressed with shot peening. He said GM and Ford started out as partners in this transmission but when they went their separate ways GM skimped on some things whee Ford didnt. He would see like 7 GM transmissions in for a rebuild out of 10 being 3 that were Ford. He said Ford built the more reliable transmission
I've been thru 3 trans due to the snap ring on the 3-5-R, Please dig deeper on that @Ecoboost_xsport didn't you do a bit on it?

BweegN

SHO Member
Reaction score
It's this still a thing!!!???
I'm very much hoping to not put a stock trans (aside from LSD) into my otherwise completed moded driveline.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

BweegN

SHO Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just checking on @802SHO and @Jordan_R to see the timeline for testing these if they are not already in process.
I assume you're both running GH TC's or factory GH modded ones?
Also, it looks like group buy is not a thing at the moment but if anyone wants to give it a shot, I am in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MW91

Members online

No members online now.
Back