Hard to Start, and Power Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakeSHO

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Turbo model and it wont start right up anymore. I hit the push button and it trys and trys but wont start. I press it the second time and it fires right up. I also feel like it runs rougher when I'm not aggressively pushing on the gas pedal?

Any ideas?

Joshw0000

SHO Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Turbo model and it wont start right up anymore. I hit the push button and it trys and trys but wont start. I press it the second time and it fires right up. I also feel like it runs rougher when I'm not aggressively pushing on the gas pedal?

Any ideas?
Does it happen all the time (cranking issue) or mainly just when you refill the gas? I had that issue when it'd keep trying for several seconds before turning over after I got gas. Ended up being a cheap fix - new vapor canister vent solenoid and vapor canister purge valve.

When's the last time you checked/changed the spark plugs. That's what your issue sounds like to me.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

bakeSHO

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It does happen all the time. It has been a while since I checked the plugs.

SHOdded

SHO Member
Reaction score
check codes with an obd scan tool. it might be the fuel pump control module, in addition to regular maintenance items.
i would verify the health of the battery also, and check that all the fuses and relays in the underhood fuse box are properly seated.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it might be the fuel pump control module

Similar to the complaint - I agree unless you will start pulling codes, its hard to say for sure one item will just fix it - and you will just be chasing items, throwing money at good and possibly bad.

bakeSHO

Reaction score
I had the codes pulled and there were none. It feels fuel related, so I will chase that down next. You guys are awesome, ty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosieK76

Members online

Back