Fuel pump & fan always on - motor not running

TYSHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
Any electrical guru(s) know what would cause the fuel pump and cooling fan to stay on constantly with the key in the "on" position without the motor running? The car doesn't start either, which makes me think it's something other than stuck relays in the CCRM. Car is a 94 model.

TYSHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
NotSoSlowSHO said:
Id have to say CCRM too.

Try slamming the hood :naughty:

I was saying that I thought it was something other than the CCRM. :nut:

Who knows if it is, but would a CCRM with relays stuck cause the car not to start?

Also, if you spray gas in the intake, it'll start up until it's burned off. Something is not giving signal to the injectors. Bad PCM? :shrug:

Reaction score
make sure the harness is connected to the EEC box.
i had this same problem and same symtoms after and engine swap into my 91
turned up that the threads where the bolt is were striped and it had a hard time making a connection.
if its not this then id say CCRM....

projectSHO89

SHOless In St L
Reaction score
Both the fuel pump and the fan relays in the CCRM box require a gorund signal to turn them on.

I'd suspect the PCM before the CCRM in this case.

HAve you run the KOEO and KOER PCM Quick Tests yet? If not, that hould be your immediate next step.

Steve

SHORANGERBIRD

Restorer of SHO
Reaction score
-there must be a ground for the pump to shut off when the key is switched on, otherwise it will continue to run. check your pcm ground connection at the rh strut tower. make sure the bolt is tight and the plug in connected, otherwise there is no ground to the pcm and the pump runs constantly when the switch is on.

Last edited:

e_clouser

04DrpTopGT
Reaction score
I had the same thing on my 94, The cooling fan and fuel pump ran whenever I turned the key on and the car would not start. My CEL would be on but dim also... I took out my computer only to find that the car had a chip, and the chip was "falling out". I pushed it back in and boom car ran perfect.. Not sure if this can help but good luck

TYSHO

SHO Member
Reaction score
Forgot to update: The computer had water in it.

Thank for all of the suggestions.

Smity

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread but this thread saved me a ton of time. My car had the same symptoms (KOEO fuel pump & cooling fans just ran) and it was the computer (ECM). This thread saved me hours of chasing grounds.

Thank you all for the info!

Blake92sho

Reaction score
Old thread yes but I’m having the same problem and iv done everything thing I bought a new Ecu and pulled the cram box and it won’t start

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online