FNG here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrodder383

Reaction score
Just bought my sons 2014 SHO. My last boosted Ford was a 1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I owned that back in 1998, yes I am that old LOL. I am not looking at doing much but I am a hotrodder in my blood so that may change. I have already started looking into the meth/water injection as i have known about this wonder for awhile but never had a boosted motor to really play with. This is also my daily back an forth to work so no High HP here.

yaycandy

Aerospace Engineer
Reaction score
Aem v3 setup is great for street and easy to hook up. My tuner usually suggests to set it around 8psi. You can plumb into the washer tank or just add a tank somewhere. Usually in the trunk or back of the back seats. Also cleans out the intake manifold and intake valves from carbon build up. Its actually a good investment. Adds a bit to the fueling to work around the hpfp taper while cooling the charge air, while cleaning the intake.

Hotrodder383

Reaction score
Aem v3 setup is great for street and easy to hook up. My tuner usually suggests to set it around 8psi. You can plumb into the washer tank or just add a tank somewhere. Usually in the trunk or back of the back seats. Also cleans out the intake manifold and intake valves from carbon build up. Its actually a good investment. Adds a bit to the fueling to work around the hpfp taper while cooling the charge air, while cleaning the intake.
This is why I join groups after buying a new play toy. The amount of good information is priceless. Thank you, I am sure I will come up with a few more questions after some more research. I already found a second project on eliminating the noise maker. I didn't even realize that what it was.

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Welcome. The first thing would be to do a 3 bar map and plugs along with a custom tune. This will get the door open for meth if needed. These cars have a torque management system to keep the car at 350 tq. The tuner for lack of a better word removes this and can add timing and a bit more boost. No real adverse affects as long as you stick to a good tuner. They can build muti tunes to deal with fuel octane in your area. If you go to desktop mode on your phone (or just use your computer) you can see everybody's signature, start there. Enjoy the ride!

Hotrodder383

Reaction score
Of which ones? all of them? LOL The Stang an SHO are mobile the Elky is currently sitting w/o motor or trans. I pulled the .040 350 for a spicy rebuild and got stuck waiting on head kits on backorder for new alum heads. =/

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of which ones? all of them? LOL The Stang an SHO are mobile the Elky is currently sitting w/o motor or trans. I pulled the .040 350 for a spicy rebuild and got stuck waiting on head kits on backorder for new alum heads. =/
I like many cars however for this crowd - your sleeper - SHO

Hotrodder383

Reaction score
I like many cars however for this crowd - your sleeper - SHO
That will have to wait until after the repairs. Second day I drove it to work the hood an bumper got damaged by a large stainless steel box due to winds. Although I might have to do some before and after pics lol. Thankfully work is paying the $4k in damage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulie32

Members online

Back