EPPs Intake

cordell

Reaction score
After pondering between CAIs, finally decided I’m going to run with the EcoPower Parts.

It gives options for catch can bung and rear turbo hose. I’ve read that keeping the stick read turbo hose on makes the install process much easier to do. I’ve also read that I don’t need the catch can bung.

Are these really necessary? Want to hear thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridered74

SHO Member
Reaction score
It would make it easier to install, but as with most people who have done it the original way, we would like all future intallers to experience the same frustration and pain that we did, so I would recommend getting the upgraded hose for the rear.

You don't need the catch can bung if you aren't running one, but it might make it easier to sell the intake down the road if you ever sell the car.

ShatteredMJ

Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again I’d still choose the custom rear turbo hose.
I never had an issue with the rear hose and was frustrated trying to slip in the front turbo hose and still align the pipe to the opening of the box properly.

You will still get a custom silicon hose for the front turbo so might just as well get the rear. Grease/lubricate the F out of them before installing.

Mine is 2017 and I have a UPR catch can so I ordered the bung but still had to adapt the plug and play snap fitting to a bigger size on the end of the WOT vaccum line.
Because I didn’t know that at the time of purchase I ran my UPR catch can without the WOT for a week trying to figure it out without having to order a new custom WOT hose.

Finally, the EPP dual intake is very wooshy and noisy even at regular speed driving and the BOVs will keep sneezing like they got the flu (I like it though).
It’s like installing VTA adapters when it’s still OEM and recirculating, but the sound characteristics of the aluminum tubes with bigger size sound different.

I have upgraded turbos though so if you don’t you may not experience everything I said. Bottom line is go for it, it looks really nice and unique anyway.

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
If I had to do it all over again I’d still choose the custom rear turbo hose.
I never had an issue with the rear hose and was frustrated trying to slip in the front turbo hose and still align the pipe to the opening of the box properly.

You will still get a custom silicon hose for the front turbo so might just as well get the rear. Grease/lubricate the F out of them before installing.

Mine is 2017 and I have a UPR catch can so I ordered the bung but still had to adapt the plug and play snap fitting to a bigger size on the end of the WOT vaccum line.
Because I didn’t know that at the time of purchase I ran my UPR catch can without the WOT for a week trying to figure it out without having to order a new custom WOT hose.

Finally, the EPP dual intake is very wooshy and noisy even at regular speed driving and the BOVs will keep sneezing like they got the flu (I like it though).
It’s like installing VTA adapters when it’s still OEM and recirculating, but the sound characteristics of the aluminum tubes with bigger size sound different.

I have upgraded turbos though so if you don’t you may not experience everything I said. Bottom line is go for it, it looks really nice and unique anyway.
I am still running stock turbos, you can definitely hear it more. I can close the windows and turn the radio up a little bit and drown it out with out the radio being overly loud. Almost perfect in my opinion.