Ecoboost FPIS same as SHO when tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxxLE

Reaction score
I have had my FPIS for awhile now, which has the Ecoboost that is shared with the SHO. I installed an intake but I want to also get a tune at some point, will an SHO tuner be able to tune my car? Thanks

Joshw0000

SHO Member
Reaction score
When you tune a car that tuner is "married" to your car. You can't use it to tune another vehicle unless it's unlocked. And even if you unlock it to work with another car, it'll become "married" to the other car when you tune it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

MaxxLE

Reaction score
Is there anything I should do to the car before I get the tune?

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anything I should do to the car before I get the tune?
3 BAR MAP - Ford performance plugs - replace the air filter - keep the stock box with a K&N filter - 170 degree T-Stat - next steps might be high flow cats - removing the restrictions like stock resonator. I am sure I might be missing items. Look over peoples signatures to help.

Joshw0000

SHO Member
Reaction score
3 BAR MAP - Ford performance plugs - replace the air filter - keep the stock box with a K&N filter - 170 degree T-Stat - next steps might be high flow cats - removing the restrictions like stock resonator. I am sure I might be missing items. Look over peoples signatures to help.
100% agree. 3 bar MAP, cooler plugs, air filter, 170 degree thermostat, and a tune. You'll get a nice upgrade per dollars spent and it's safe/dependable to drive daily. I've had it for about 5 years now. Might also want to get a catch can, but that's more of a maintenance thing (stops oil blow back) rather than performance upgrade.

kryptto

The Best Thing About Cars... ones in my mirror.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree. 3 bar MAP, cooler plugs, air filter, 170 degree thermostat, and a tune. You'll get a nice upgrade per dollars spent and it's safe/dependable to drive daily. I've had it for about 5 years now. Might also want to get a catch can, but that's more of a maintenance thing (stops oil blow back) rather than performance upgrade.

UPR catch can! They have 15-19 too: https://www.uprproducts.com/10-14-s...ost-dual-valve-oil-catch-can-css-plug-n-play/

J persons

SHO Member
Reaction score
Since you live in CA, check with any other Ford owners that have had their cars tuned to see what you can get away with. There was some talk awhile back that CA would be looking at the car's history in the computer to see if the tune was the same as the as delivered tune. An automatic failure will occur if any of the items under the hood are not stock or do not have a cal exempt sticker on them. One item that will for sure fail is a UPR catch can. Even UPR will tell you that their catch can is illegal in the California dictatorship. I spent 12 years there sneaking past the smog Nazis

76FoMoCo

SHO Member
Reaction score
Just do the plugs and 3 bar. No stat. This makes it super easy to flash back for emissions. You won't notice much difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masscounsel

Members online

Back