Cat code

slickdawg

Reaction score
I have been getting a po430 cat converter code for quite a while. Anyone know where to buy new ones at a reasonable price for a 2010?

Ta2dResqr

SHO Member
Reaction score
First, this is the introduction section, not a troubleshooting section. Second, if you want a direct fit, it won't be cheap. Reasonable, yes. RockAuto has them for $325 a piece. Third, in my experience as a mechanic, P0430 is not near as often a catalytic convertor as it is a sensor. Unless you have another issue that caused the convertor to go bad and have confirmed the sensor is good, I would look at the sensor first.

slickdawg

Reaction score
First, this is the introduction section, not a troubleshooting section. Second, if you want a direct fit, it won't be cheap. Reasonable, yes. RockAuto has them for $325 a piece. Third, in my experience as a mechanic, P0430 is not near as often a catalytic convertor as it is a sensor. Unless you have another issue that caused the convertor to go bad and have confirmed the sensor is good, I would look at the sensor first.
Sorry for asking in the wrong place, but thanks for the response.
Now, let me introduce myself. Ronald is my name. We live just outside of Atlanta. I own a 2010 sho that has 180000 miles. It's been a great car.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Depending on how old your sensors are, that might be a good place to start. However, you might want to try this first.

I have one of their angled cel fixers on my car for a cat cel light. It has been on the car for years now and no issues. Just passed emissions full bolt on with the e30 tune in it. LOL.

batchman

SHO Member
Reaction score
Not SHO specific but I've had luck clearing cat codes by using Tier 1 gas. Worth trying a couple tanks.

Of course, if you're already using Tier 1 gas, that's not the problem.

GL,
- Jeff

slickdawg

Reaction score
Not SHO specific but I've had luck clearing cat codes by using Tier 1 gas. Worth trying a couple tanks.

Of course, if you're already using Tier 1 gas, that's not the problem.

GL,
- Jeff
What do you mean Teir 1 gas. I use a name brand.

luigisho

SHO Member
Reaction score
Top Tier fuel has a certain amount of cleaning agents to achieve certification. You can easily find if your usual brand is connsidered top tier fuel on google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erasethegrey

Members online