Can we really improve this *******-box of a transmission?

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
Latest write-up is up on the blog.

Figured I'd compile some of this info into one place. Kind of wanted there to be a one-stop location for all the things that could possibly be done to this thing. If there is anything else to add or needs changing/updating, DM me with specifics and I'll get it into the write-up.

https://www.fortheworkshop.com/can-we-improve-this-shitbox-of-a-transmission/

InPPwxU7SbAWghwidth1024height536cropmodenone

CrimsonKarma

Reaction score
We tried. I mean it's technically not all the way dead. If enough ppl were to order it, they might push it out still, but we shouldn't hold our breath.
What exactly is the hold up?
I see them for purchase for around $350, I guess the real trick would be getting them installed and working properly.
Are there any real gains to be had or is this just a structural stability kind of thing?

Ecoboost_xsport

SHO Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the hold up?
I see them for purchase for around $350, I guess the real trick would be getting them installed and working properly.
Are there any real gains to be had or is this just a structural stability kind of thing?

Hmmmm, you haven't read any of the links I provided on the history of these, have you?

Probably go check those out first...

CrimsonKarma

Reaction score
Hmmmm, you haven't read any of the links I provided on the history of these, have you?

Probably go check those out first...
I'll admit it.... you're absolutely right.
Took a look and seems to be a supply chain issue from the manufacture.

Great job on that articles! going to be looking through all the stuff you posted, a lot of my questions were answered just skimming through, great clarification on the PTU's.
I should lurk a bit more before posting.
Under stimulated, over caffeinated at work will do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insidejobrobsho13

Members online

No members online now.