Building a proper restomod project.

PastaPirate13

Reaction score
Hello again everyone! I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but I gave it some thought and decided that my pain and suffering could be a guide for others in the future looking to restore one of these on a budget. If you've read my previous occasional posts, you'll be familiar with this silver frost disaster. If not, well...it's a long story. The short version is that I bought this about a year ago and didn't realize just what I was getting into. What looked like just a high mileage car that needed some maintenance quickly turned into a full on project. It seemed like the more I dug into it, the worse it got, culminating in the discovery of at least one spun bearing, but I'll be damned if I'm giving up on it now. It won't make a good daily anymore, but it'll make a great weekend cruise/show car.

That being said, it's going to be a restomod project that will done on a budget in a driveway with mostly hand tools and basic air/power tools. This may have been done a million times in these forums, maybe not, but it's happening again here.

Not to get ahead of myself though, first things first. Gotta get this engine out. I've got a factory service manual which is obviously gonna tell me to take it out with the subframe, but I'm gonna have to pull it out through the top given the circumstances. I'm planning on just following that and improvising where needed, and I've already removed some stuff when I was prepping to do the front 60k. So, here goes!
IMG 20220717 162017246 HDRIMG 20220717 161939864 HDRIMG 20220717 161955461

bpd1151

Lurking Around
Reaction score
Glad to see that you're remaining properly hydrated!

Smart move.

Looking forward to viewing subsequent posts on how your project unfolds.135f69394c20f3df1bd8f9a3b8ac12e3

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

rubydist

SHO Master
Staff member
Super Moderators
Reaction score
Having done the engine pull both out of the top and bottom on driveways before (more than once each...) I will tell you that lifting the car up on tall jackstands and dropping the subframe out the bottom is a lot easier than pulling it out the top!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dodas

Members online

No members online now.