Brakes

Frozen SHO

Reaction score
Which is the best upgrade on brakes rotors, pads and calipers for a 2013 SHO?
Hey Joel. Although the OEM brakes are pretty good to start with, I did two upgrades on my 2013 SHO. The first upgrade was Hawke drilled and slotted rotors grabbed by Acibono pads. Great looking and low dust. These worked great on the street, but, understandably, on the track left me in a panic at the end of the straight. So I installed the Willwood kit from TCE Performance. The big brakes have been amazing on the track. I switch out the race pads when back on the street.

Joel Munoz

Reaction score
Hey Joel. Although the OEM brakes are pretty good to start with, I did two upgrades on my 2013 SHO. The first upgrade was Hawke drilled and slotted rotors grabbed by Acibono pads. Great looking and low dust. These worked great on the street, but, understandably, on the track left me in a panic at the end of the straight. So I installed the Willwood kit from TCE Performance. The big brakes have been amazing on the track. I switch out the race pads when back on the street.
Do you have photos?

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
I run the Schwartz Engineered Performance 6 Piston Wilwood brake upgrade, which is very similar to the TCE kit. I coupled mine with R1Concepts slotted rotors and the feeling is great.

If just looking to upgrade the rotors and pads, I liked the R1Concepts Geomet slotted rotors and the Semi-Metallic pads. I've ran them on my last 3 vehicles with zero issues.

Joel Munoz

Reaction score
I run the Schwartz Engineered Performance 6 Piston Wilwood brake upgrade, which is very similar to the TCE kit. I coupled mine with R1Concepts slotted rotors and the feeling is great.

If just looking to upgrade the rotors and pads, I liked the R1Concepts Geomet slotted rotors and the Semi-Metallic pads. I've ran them on my last 3 vehicles with zero issues.
Do you run Wilwood front and back?

FiveLeeter918

Ortiz Performance Sales
Sponsoring Vendor
Reaction score
Do you run Wilwood front and back?

No only the front. I run R1Concepts rotors and pads in the rear with the calipers painted to match the Wilwoods. @aaron240 had started working on a rear kit and I believe he has a set out for testing to another customer, but I haven't seen anything yet about commercial release.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
I like the PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors, with the stock OEM PP pads.

aaron240

SHO Member
Reaction score
No only the front. I run R1Concepts rotors and pads in the rear with the calipers painted to match the Wilwoods. @aaron240 had started working on a rear kit and I believe he has a set out for testing to another customer, but I haven't seen anything yet about commercial release.
Unfortunately a safe budget friendly rear setup utilizing cost effective single piece rotors with the oem style parking brake just isnt possible due to suspension geometry constraints.

RickyRecon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the PowerStop drilled and slotted rotors, with the stock OEM PP pads.
I’m going to upgrade my brakes soon. Rotors obviously and the PP pads. Mines a non PP and I know the PP pads are way better, but do you think it’s worth the cash to get the PP calipers too, or would they not make that much of a difference?

SM105K

Reaction score
I’m going to upgrade my brakes soon. Rotors obviously and the PP pads. Mines a non PP and I know the PP pads are way better, but do you think it’s worth the cash to get the PP calipers too, or would they not make that much of a difference?
There is no difference in the 2013+ calipers on the PP and Non PP cars. Just the pads are different.

RickyRecon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no difference in the 2013+ calipers on the PP and Non PP cars. Just the pads are different.
Oh I thought the PP calipers had those different seals and something else goin on I can’t think of at the moment. Wasn’t sure if it made a worthwhile difference or not. Right on, thanks man.

SM105K

Reaction score
Oh I thought the PP calipers had those different seals and something else goin on I can’t think of at the moment. Wasn’t sure if it made a worthwhile difference or not. Right on, thanks man.
I dont think the seals really matter. You aren't going to track the car are you?

RickyRecon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think the seals really matter. You aren't going to track the car are you?
I mean, I do kind of want to take a trip out to the autobahn country club this fall, after some appropriate mods. They have some pretty solid road courses like an hour or so west of me. That would be few and far between though, and just for ***** and giggles. The “cheap” day package there is like $400-500 haha

Otherwise no. Light to light are where these cars shine as far as I’m concerned, so I’d probably be good with just the pads.

SM105K

Reaction score
I mean, I do kind of want to take a trip out to the autobahn country club this fall, after some appropriate mods. They have some pretty solid road courses like an hour or so west of me. That would be few and far between though, and just for ***** and giggles. The “cheap” day package there is like $400-500 haha

Otherwise no. Light to light are where these cars shine as far as I’m concerned, so I’d probably be good with just the pads.
My brake set up works great just fine coming down from triple digit speeds.