Am i making adequeate power for bring FBO E30?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SM105K

Streetlight Grand Prix Champ/ IG @fafomotorsports
Reaction score
Agreed, on his 93 tune, he was definitely seeing temps dropping over a run but i guess, thats the same you play of trying to make all the parts working together and if one is working harder than the next, it kinda throws the whole balance off. I have no intentions of doing turbos at this point either, i think i have it where i wanted it to be, making more power or going faster at this point would require a lot more $$$ than I'm willing to put in. Now that you've mentioned this about the GH IC, Im wondering if I should just put the stock IC back....lol. I run his 93 tune in the winter but in the winters, you already have cooling so dont really need a bigger IC. How much of a difference did you see going from GH IC to stock IC on e30 stock turbos?
I bet if you put the stock IC back in your car it will pick up power across the board like mine did on E30. More boost quicker, more boost longer, ect.

DISCLAIMER! This is my personal opinion in the quotes to follow: "With my SHO IAT's really didn't matter on E30. Mine made almost the same power (within two numbers and less with the GH IC) with a large range in temps. On a E30 tune, the GH IC is not worth it."

From my experience with M.
Stock exhaust, stock intercooler, plugs, K&N drop in, 91 octane tune: 366 HP and 414 TQ in 105 degree heat.

Stock exhaust, stock intercooler, plugs, K&N drop in, E30 tune: 391 HP 470 TQ in 90 degree heat.

Stock exhaust, Gearhead Intercooler, plugs, K&N drop in, E30 tune: 388 HP 463 TQ in 60 degree weather.

Custom Exhaust, PPE Catted Downpipes, Gearhead Intercooler, plugs, K&N drop it, E30 tune: 391 HP and 494 TQ in 75 degree weather.

Custom Exhaust, PPE Catted Downpipes, Stock Intercooler, plugs, K&N drop it, FS HPFP with E30 tune: 411 HP and 546 TQ in 75 degree weather.

That is how the cookie crumbled. Same dyno and operator each time.

Last edited:
Back